Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Golden Ale | Second Street Brewery

4.38/5
Outstanding
1 Rating

Second Street Brewery
New Mexico, United States
secondstreetbrewery.com

Style: American Blonde Ale

An old Second Street Brewery favorite, brought back for your enjoyment. Crystal, saaz, and the much coveted cascade hops lend this clean and crisp ale, a subtle, yet complex aroma and finish.

Added by Jason on 03-01-2005

Reviews by BlueHammer:
4.38/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Truly a golden color for this golden ale, I ordered this translucent brew as a set of samples from 2nd Street and began with this one, the lightest of my samples. The smell comes across as floral with slightly sweet tones. The taste has a hoppy bite that lingers as you swallow but doesn't overpower. Normally I don't like very hoppy beers but this one was nicely balanced.

There was virtually no head on my sampler glass. This beer went down smoothly leaving a nice feel in my mouth.

Golden Ale from Second Street Brewery