Pumking | Southern Tier Brewing Company

Alströms:

Ratings: 7,541 |  Reviews: 1,965

4.23/5  rDev +4.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

I'd heard quite a bit about this from my fellow sots but hadn't pulled the trigger until now. Part of it was that I thought it was a bit pricey for a pumpkin ale; which it would be except this is different from all the rest which are kind of boring tbh. I know it sounds trite to repeat what everybody else says about tasting like pumpkin pie, so I won't. What I will say is that it has an incredibly creamy taste to it which, either by itself or in conjunction with something(s) else, serves to mask the alc which at the end of 22 oz is definitely felt. It doesn't feel right to give something this sweet a higher grade for a beer although maybe I'm a prisoner of my history.

3.64/5  rDev -10.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

I tried this out of a 22 oz bomber

first time I seen this was on Greg's beer reviews

all I heard about was buttered popcorn

and I have to agree that's what it tastes like to me

the smell is like nothing I've had in a pumpkin beer nice bread like weirdness to it

the color almost looks like the perfectly baked pretzel

overall I liked the aftertaste more than the initial flavors

A nice bread like wheat flavor

I would have it again but would want to share it next time

3.5/5  rDev -13.6%

4.87/5  rDev +20.2%

I look forward to this each year , it is worth 9$ a bottle.
Pours a dark golden color about a half inch head.
Smell mole-asses and pumkin spice very pleasent
Taste, dude if you like pumpkin pie this is it! I never thought pie and beer was a good idea but dang..
Mouthfeel is a wee bit light for a beer with this much abv. But the lingering dry and pumpkin spice rounds off the experience.
I have been trying Pumpkin ales for a few years now and by a hugh margin this is the best of the bunch!

4.15/5  rDev +2.5%

A - Pours an orange copper color with a nice cream finger of head, decent retention, lacing is minimal.

S - Tons of sweet buttery sugar flavors, gourd like/pumpkin vegetable, and some cinnamon.

T - Definitely getting some hop bitterness up front (briefly), semi-dry, a good bit of buttery sugar, finish is slightly bitter and gourds. Aftertaste is the same, sweetness lingers a bit.

M - Medium bodied or less, quite refreshing, decent carbonation.

O - A good representation of the style (which I dont care much for), smells absolutely amazing (very sweet) taste reminds you its a beer, which i really like. Better than I remember

3.5/5  rDev -13.6%