Choklat (Blackwater Series) | Southern Tier Brewing Company

Choklat (Blackwater Series)Choklat (Blackwater Series)
4.26/5
Choklat (Blackwater Series)Choklat (Blackwater Series)

Southern Tier Brewing Company

#688

Ratings: 5,276 |  Reviews: 1,594

4.74/5  rDev +11.3%

served into a sniffer glass from 22oz bomber

A-the beer pours a very very dark color no little head, not even an attempt of a head.

S- the beer smells strong of chocolate. like seriously, a lot of chocolate. my father while tasting it said "at the end of my time, when I'm in the hospital, I want this smell coming out of my respirator".

T-HOLY CHOCOLATE BATMAN!!!! the other reviews state it tastes like chocolate milk. there is no other way to describe this beer. chocolate milk.... there is a slightly malty aftertaste with a little, but almost no, alcohol flavor.

M- SUPER thick. i have never had a beer this thick. it was awesome.

O- I want more. not just a little. alot more.

4.25/5  rDev -0.2%

a-Black as night

s-def chocolate...slight coffee odours coming in....

t-chocolate..but balanced by the coffee flavours...very nice balance...very drinkable...despite high abv.

m-just about perfect...for a stout and the abv.

o-very nice beer...will get again...pretty pricey for the regular rotation though...at least when you buy it in Canada.

3.75/5  rDev -12%

4.8/5  rDev +12.7%

All I'm going to say is this...

Southern Tier Choklat lives up to the hype. It really tastes like chocolate milk, straight up. I don't even taste the alcohol. This is by far the best tasting "chocolate" beer I've ever had. I've been looking for this beer for months, and it's been worth the hunt.

4.42/5  rDev +3.8%

22oz bomber poured into a miniature snifter.

A: Pours a jet black color with a light brown head. Little to no lacing and no retention.

S: Tons and tons of chocolate and then more chocolate. I do sense a trace of burnt malt and some vanilla.

T: Like a big chocolate milk shake. Can taste some burnt malts and a small trace of alcohol as the beer warms.

M: Smooth and very drinkable for 11.00 ABV.

O: This will be a regular in my cellar from now on.

4.25/5  rDev -0.2%

4.88/5  rDev +14.6%

Bomber poured into a snifter.

This pear is simply amazing.

Poured half the bottle into my snifter. Not much head. Maybe 1/2 a finger. Alcohol lacing on the glass as I swirl it around.

Shocking, but it smells like chocolate. Milk, semi-sweet, dark chocolate. I also get the alcohol. Although I don't think this is much of a "smell", but it smells creamy.

The taste is, of course, chocolate. This might be one of the best tasting beers I've had. It's so different. It's sweet and almost like drinking chocolate milk. As it warms, it taste like melted chocolate.

The mouthfeel is full body and creamy.

This beer is great. As I'm drinking it, I could imagine buying a case of this stuff. It tastes like such a treat.

Choklat (Blackwater Series) from Southern Tier Brewing Company