Crème Brûlée Imperial Milk Stout (Blackwater Series) | Southern Tier Brewing Company

Crème Brûlée Imperial Milk Stout (Blackwater Series)Crème Brûlée Imperial Milk Stout (Blackwater Series)

Southern Tier Brewing Company
New York, United States
southerntierbrewing.com

Style: Milk / Sweet Stout

The brewer suggests a serving temperature of 42 °F for this beer.

Added by ph2001 on 07-12-2008

Ratings: 4,601 |  Reviews: 1,470

3.61/5  rDev -8.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

I was surprised how boozy this one was.. had it a bit cold at first and didnt taste the sweetness at all.. let it warm up for a while, then it changed and became a better beer. Not quite creme brulee and not dessert like. The smell was really sweet however, like Creme Brulee. Has a sort of harsh and bitter finish that lingers on your palate which I didn't expect. Not the best, not the worst. Give it a B/B-. If I want dessert beer, I will stick with Chocolate Rain!!

3.25/5  rDev -17.3%

1.91/5  rDev -51.4%

yikes! very robust beer, packed with flavor, although unfortunately all the flavor tastes very artificial. Vanilla, and butterscotch, butterscotch, butterscotch, also quite bitter at the end. smells like it tastes. I tried to make a butterscotch beer once and just dumped a lot of extract in it, of course I had no idea what I was doing and it was lousy. This beer is VERY similar to that abomination I brewed. can't say much other than it's strictly a love/hate brew. If you want a novelty beer that tastes like really cheap & bitter candy, you'll love it

3.81/5  rDev -3.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Wow, where to start. After reading some pretty harsh reviews I had to give this a try. When I opened the bottle the vanilla sweetness filled the room....Mouth feel was fine...not too syrupy. Definitely a dessert beer. I'll easily finish the bottle but then agin I have a serious sweet tooth....You really should try it once.

2.83/5  rDev -28%

If I had to describe Southern Tier's Creme Brulee in one word it would be, awkward. Definitely not to be consumed with a meal, it's far too sweet. I can easily smell its overpowering vanilla scent sitting several feet away from my glass. The flavor is slightly less objectionable. The taste is somewhat more subdued than the smell as it blends with the sharp chocolate/mocha flavors of the roasted malts in the stout. Medium bodied, a bit chewy (good things), but a bit too carbonated for this style I felt. Mouth feel would probably improve on nitro. Overall, not my 'mug of beer'. Southern Tier went for something insane but got something ludicrous instead. It's just a little over the top for my taste.

4.5/5  rDev +14.5%

4.25/5  rDev +8.1%

4.5/5  rDev +14.5%

3.5/5  rDev -10.9%

Crème Brûlée Imperial Milk Stout (Blackwater Series) from Southern Tier Brewing Company