Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Crème Brûlée Imperial Milk Stout (Blackwater Series) | Southern Tier Brewing Company

Crème Brûlée Imperial Milk Stout (Blackwater Series)Crème Brûlée Imperial Milk Stout (Blackwater Series)
3.91/5
Very Good

Southern Tier Brewing Company
New York, United States
southerntierbrewing.com

Style: Milk / Sweet Stout

The brewer suggests a serving temperature of 42 °F for this beer.

Added by ph2001 on 07-12-2008

Ratings: 4,603 |  Reviews: 1,471
4.13/5  rDev +5.6%

this is not a beer for every day. asthe namesake would suggest it is a dessert beer and a very good one at that. I read some of the reviews that were extremely critical. they qare failing to recognize that this is a dessert beer just a the name would suggest. yes, it is sweet but so are mose desserts. itis an outstqaning beer for its intended purpose

2.5/5  rDev -36.1%

4.5/5  rDev +15.1%

2.75/5  rDev -29.7%

3.25/5  rDev -16.9%

3.5/5  rDev -10.5%

4.5/5  rDev +15.1%

2.75/5  rDev -29.7%

4.93/5  rDev +26.1%

Poured from a Bomber (22 oz) into a tulip. Bottle has ridiculously philosophical description that made me chuckle a bit.

A: Black with a mocha head. The darker the better in my book, and this is black in any light.

S: Nose is amazing. Vanilla custard desserts and chocolate. Vanilla is probably my favorite flavor, and in no beer has it ever been more abundant in the nose or taste than this one.

T: Dark chocolate, coffee, and vanilla custard deliciousness. It would be perfect if it had been oaked a little, and if it weren't so sweet. That's the thing with this beer, the reason why a lot of people don't like it as much as I do (and it pretty much ruined all other beers for my girlfriend, she went bananas over it), it's too sweet. Now I have a huge sweet tooth, and this was overly sweet for me by a bit, so I can see why it gets an 87, but I LOVE THE VANILLA, so it's an A+ in my book.

M: Full bodied and quite smooth, nearly perfect.

O: Loads and loads of my favorite flavor on earth, vanilla, so of course I'm going to give it an A+. Overly sweet, yes, but still absolutely delicious.

Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

3.25/5  rDev -16.9%

Crème Brûlée Imperial Milk Stout (Blackwater Series) from Southern Tier Brewing Company
Beer rating: 3.91 out of 5 with 4,603 ratings