Drake's Denogginizer | Drake's Brewing Co.

Drake's DenogginizerDrake's Denogginizer

4.25/5  rDev +8.4%

4.75/5  rDev +21.2%

4.25/5  rDev +8.4%

3.49/5  rDev -11%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A bottle of this found it's way to a bottle swap in De Bierboom, Brugge on 31st Jan 2014: thank you to the unknown kind person.

I managed to grab a good third of a pint from the passing bottle and took a few notes while trying to drink it and not miss anything else interesting that might pass my way: this piece is from those said notes.

Slight haze to my already opened bottle, orange to golden with a grubby white head.

Hops, and more hops, it smells of hops: enough hops already, some maltiness hides behind the huge hop attack. I tried to fend it off by watching a Swiss Saint Bon Chein bottle of unknown vintage fly by: bugger!

This was fine though, especially if you're into hops. I see an Old Numbskull bottle coming my way: I've got to neck this, sorry. Hey there's Black Damnation over there, I wonder if it's Black Mes? (it was, hurray, I got some)

Christ that was hoppy. I'll try and give this beer more time and reverence if I come across it again, it deserves better than I gave it.

3.46/5  rDev -11.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Appearance: orange in color with a 1" head that fell to a thick spotty surface foam. Some lace painted the glass.

Smell: light orange and malt sweetness comes through to the nose.

Taste: a more malty and sweeter DIPA than some others. Caramel, loads of oranges, some grapefruit, soft pine tones, and a decent bitterness. Alcohol was mildly noticable.

Mouthfeel: medium-heavy in body. Light crispness to start, smoother and a bit dry at the finish. Aftertaste leans towards a syrupy sweet feel with some bitterness.

Overall: a slower sipping DIPA as I found this to be a bit sweeter than others, and I just didn't get a cohesive flaor profile here, as the flavors stood apart.

3.75/5  rDev -4.3%

Drake's Denogginizer from Drake's Brewing Co.