Tropic Sneeze

Tropic SneezeTropic Sneeze
Notes:
Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 14
4.88/5  rDev +27.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This was the best Berliner Weisse I've ever had. Admittedly, I haven't had a ton and the style is relatively new to me but wow this blew me away. Had it on tap at BierCab in Barcelona.
Little to no head that dissipates rapidly. Color is white gold, not much cloudiness. Like nothing I've seen before.
Smell is straight up Pineapple. Citrus notes and sourness lingers on the back
Taste is an explosion of tropics in your mouth...or do I dare say the tropics "sneezed" in your mouth. It's wonderful. Pineapple, passionfruit, citrus, sour, and a tad funky. Perfection.
Feel is incredibly carbed, maybe a bit much, but overall really nice. It explodes with flavor and feel. I didn't expect it from the little head.
Overall this was fantastic. I happened to order it at the bar and I asked the guy next to me if he was familiar with it and he was the owner of Brewski! He told me that they put real pineapple and passionfruit in it. the ratio is 90% pineapple, 10% passionfruit.

3.82/5  rDev 0%

Some gushing occurs. The colour is pale orange (10 EBC), the liquid is cloudy. The low white head dissolves quickly.

The smell is very fruity and sour. Tart exotic fruits, passion fruits, mango, apricots, oranges. Sweet notes of lactose and mango squash. It is all fruits, very little beer.

The taste is sour with dry fruity flavours: Mango, passion fruits, sweet apples, peaches and bananas. Light body. Some sourness in the aftertaste and slowly growing sweetness. Mixed exotic fruits and a hint of salt in the finish.

The carbonation is strong, the mid-sized bubbles are short-lived. The liquid is light and dry.

A pleasant and very fruity berliner weisse. Would have been a great summer beer.

Tropic Sneeze from Brewski