Hefeweizen | Broken Tooth Brewing

Broken Tooth Brewing
Alaska, United States
brokentoothbrewing.com

Style: Hefeweizen

This popular beer is an easy drinker. Perfect for those summer days when the deck is full and the palate is parched.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 03-01-2005

Reviews by DrinkSlurm:
2.75/5  rDev -16.4%

3.45/5  rDev +4.9%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

3.73/5  rDev +13.4%

a- served on tap w. a lemon wedge- pours a yellow-brown- very cloudy with about an inch of foam on top, which stayed for a while..
s-lemon on top was like...a crazy strong lemon, but honey and mild spiciness came through
t-good, well balanced beer with a light alcohol astringency that complemented the citrus and honey
m- a bit over-carbonated in my opinion but very nice overall
d-universally appreciable beer.

4.19/5  rDev +27.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

3.25/5  rDev -1.2%

3.5/5  rDev +6.4%

3.5/5  rDev +6.4%

2.29/5  rDev -30.4%

On tap at the pub, Moose's Tooth Hefeweizen is cloudy gold with a tight, white head.

Smell is neutral. Not esters what so ever, not even really grainy.

Taste is clean and simple wheat. Another pale wheat beer called a hefe, when there is nothing Barvaian about it...as a pale wheat I'd give it a 3, but for the mislabeling, I must be more harsh.

Mouthfeel is dry and crisp, with a medium-light body.

Drinkability is low, as it was a terrible miss if they were actually trying to make a hefe. As a APWA, I guess it's average, but I don't like that style, and it really annoys me when I order a 'hefe' and get one of these. Now I see why they asked to serve it with a lemon (which I of course declined), in a desperate attempt to give it flavor.

3.25/5  rDev -1.2%