Juicy Bits - Triple Dry-Hopped

Gots
SCORE
Outstanding
Juicy Bits - Triple Dry-HoppedJuicy Bits - Triple Dry-Hopped
Notes: With intensely juicy notes of ripe pineapple, candied apricot, freshly squeezed tangerine, and over-ripe mango, TRIPLE Dry Hopped Juicy Bits is the perfect beer to celebrate our THIRD Anniversary (get it, third, triple?). We tripled the normal dry hop volume of Juicy Bits, our flagship New England-style IPA, to create this special variant, using over 9 lbs total of Citra, Mosaic and El Dorado hops per bbl, making it the most hops we have ever used in a single IPA! Despite the ridiculous hop rates, TDH Juicy Bits remains somewhat balanced thanks to the incredibly smooth mouthfeel. What better way to celebrate the past three years than with a beer that pushes boundaries, defies expectations, and challenges the status quo?
Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 24 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Radcpa from Washington

4.31/5  rDev -0.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Very cloudy straw appearance with a nice white head that dissipates slowly. Aroma is a mild grapefruit/citrus. Taste is a little bitter grapefruit/citrus that is very nice.

Apr 12, 2020
Ahypercube from California

4.5/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

I've seen the Double Dry-Hopped versions a couple times, but I figured they'd be too similar to regular JB to merit the price difference. When I saw this is Triple Dry-Hopped, I couldn't resist. I don't think I've ever had a brew that was dry-hopped three times.

Looks like yellow peach nectar. Could use more head and I'm quite surprised at the lack of lacing. Curious...

Smells flippin amazing! Candied orange, ripe mango, passion fruit, yellow peach, pineapple, apricot and mandarin lime aromas flood the nose. Insane fruit smoothie. Hints of cooked onion and loroco, but the herbal notes are almost drowned in juicy fruit.

Speaking of juicy fruit, this does totally taste like the gum. Weird. That's kinda bothering me now. It tastes better than the gum, but too similar. The palate provides a good dose of bitterness, but it is a little excessively sweet. Hard to be sure, but I honestly don't think regular JB is this sweet...

Still delicious, though. Smooth as hell, and the finish is nicely dry.

I think I like regular JB better, but this is still amazing. Cheers!

Apr 10, 2020
Juicy Bits - Triple Dry-Hopped from WeldWerks Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 93 out of 100 with 24 ratings