Cantillon Blåbær Lambik | Brasserie Cantillon

Cantillon Blåbær LambikCantillon Blåbær Lambik

Brasserie Cantillon
cantillon.be

Style: Lambic - Fruit

Made in cooperation with Jeppe from Olbuttikken in Copenhagen. Jeppe provides the blueberries for the beer,and it is brewed at Cantillon and then shipped back to Copenhagen and only sold at Olbutikken.

2005 Vintage (batch 1) - 50 75cl bottles released. Gold foil.
2007 Vintage (batch 2) - 37.5cl and 75cl bottles. Black foil.
2007 Vintage (batch 3) - 75cl bottles. Gold foil.
2009 Vintage (batch 4) - 37.5cl and 75cl bottles. No foil. Label reads "2009".
2009 Vintage (batch 5) - 37.5cl and 75cl bottles. No foil. Label reads "2009 II".
2010 Vintage (batch 6) - 37.5cl and 75cl bottles. Label reads "2010".
2011 Vintage (batch 7) - 37.5cl and 75cl bottles. No foil. Label reads "11".
2015 first year with the year printed on the label and not handwritten

Added by Crosling on 04-11-2007

Reviews: 244 | Ratings: 764

How awesome was this, the beer had bits of blue, red, purple to it. I think a light pink/purple is the best way to describe it, totally nuts, like that magic ghost from fantome, just a color that grabs your attention. I was psyched to try it, thinking it would be either golden or blueish or something in between. And it actually formed a small head on it, better than most lambics, if not all frankly. But the thickness of the blueberry in here, just wow.

Aroma, really delivered on the fruit and the sourness, Cantillon really got the hang of that. Blueberry though, wow, thats a treat, I've had a few blueberry beers, the aroma and taste of blueberry really ranged from fake/awful to decent/ok in my limited experience. This was flat out excellent. The mild funk is accompanied by sweetness.

The taste, such a thick blueberry presence, way heavier viscosity than I expected. Perfect blend of sour, tart and that mild blueberry sweet. So delicious and easy to drink, love the sourness. It gives me everything I want, massive fruit flavor (doesn't hurt when blueberries have to be my favorite fruit) perfect sourness, perfect tartness.

If I ever go back to Europe, I think I'm planning my trip around the release of this beer. Damn. So good, mad props for jh1982 opening this the morning of um. I dunno, was it Friday's games at March Madness?

4.15/5  rDev -8.2%

375ml bottle - 2010 vintage shared by jedwards. Pours a hazy, pomegranate hue with a loose, white head that dissipates into a skim and a frothy band. Nose expresses berry fruit, citric acid and a hint of something chemical. Taste follows nose with the addition of a briney character that comes out towards the finish. Mouthfeel is light-medium (but closer to light) with an assertive carbonation and acidity that lingers between quaffs. Overall, this is an excellent fruit lambic; however, the blueberry flavor is definitely dropping off. Nonetheless, I'm very grateful for the opportunity to have tried this beer.

4.92/5  rDev +8.8%

I drank this 2009 version, not sure which batch(I'm guessing 4), from a 22oz bottle into my Rodenbach tulip.

The beer pours a deep grape jelly colored purple with a nice medium pink head. The head rises about 3 fingers and is very creamy and soft with great retention and lace. Probably the best head I've seen in a lambic.

The aroma is medium with mostly tartness coming through, some horse blanket mostly. Its nice because you get the funkiness you're looking for but not so overpowering that you get tired of it. At the end you get a little sweetness, but not much blueberry.

The taste is great, its super complex and well balanced. It starts soft and sweet and highly drinkable, towards the middle and end it evolves to have nice tartness. Once again, like the aroma it gets you the tartness you desire in drinking a lambic but not so overpowering that you can't drink a ton. At the end you finally get some blueberry mixed with a final tart goodbye.

The feel is nice and heavy with a lasting feel.

The drinkability is off the scale.

Overall this is an outstanding beer. From the taste I'm guessing its batch four because its balanced with sweet and funk. A lot of top beers don't live up to the hype but this one certainly does.

750mL bottle, 2009 vintage, corked and capped. Upon removing the cork a steady stream of pink foam slowly rose to the opening, threatening to slowly make a mess if I didn't pour my first glass. After the pour, the foam in the bottle is about 3/4 inch thick above the liquid, and I can see some dark purple sediment attached to the walls on the bottle.

The beer is reddish-purple color with a light pink head. Kind of murky and impossible to see through, it looks really substantial. The aroma is, in a word, perfect. I expected an intense sour tartness and blueberries, but this was not so 2-dimensional as that. All of the funk you expect from Cantillon, this smelled like I imagine the attic at the brewery smells, musty and dusty, some leather, old barn, you name it. And throughout it all is the essence of blueberries, not like a fruit juice was added a la Lindemans, more like the yeasts fed on fresh blueberries and pissed out blueberry notes along with the funk. The combination of these aromas makes a 3rd distinct creation, just a perfect blend of all things good. I could keep smelling this forever, in fact I'm spending more time smelling this beer than drinking it. So...

The taste is also perfect. I don't like to give 5's so easily but really this is so excellent. The blueberries are there but don't define the flavor, this is more about the lambic and what the blueberries can ADD to it. Definitely the blueberries don't temper the funk with sweet notes, this is still a sour beer. But, on the other hand, maybe they do temper it somewhat as this is perhaps the least tart Cantillon I've tried. Either that or I've built up a natural immunity to bracingly tart beers... I've read others' reviews where they can get oak flavors from these lambics, and I'm sure those flavors are there due to the long aging in barrels, but I have a hard time discerning these flavors in the midst of all the aggressive and defining Belgian wild notes. In any case, this is supremely complex, delicious, and again reminiscent of a dusty, cobwebby attic. In a very good way.

The body and drinkability are perfect scores as well, I'm just gonna go ahead and give all 5's. After 1140 or so reviews it's becoming rare for me to feel a beer deserves a perfect score but this is no ordinary beer. I'm becoming sad but sated as the bottle empties, like a glutton I drank the whole thing. I offered some to my wife but, validating that the sour tartness is indeed becoming undetectable to me in these beers, she shied away from the wild notes.

4.25/5  rDev -6%

Enormous gratitude goes out to lurchingbeast for sending this along in a recent BIF. Not being a dedicated whale-hunter, I figured I wouldn't get to sample this, & oh well, but hey! Look! It's here! 375ML bottle with a blue label & no apparent year - the cork has 2010 printed on it. Pulled out to celebrate my wife's <number censored> birthday.

Pop the cork out & can't resist a whiff, & it's good. The pour is purlishreddishbluish with plenty of emotion in the head. Nose is like nothing I've sensed: plenty of blueberry, but bone-dry, almost leathery. No sour overdrive. Me likes.

Blåbær Lambik drinks like I think a sour should: sour plus something else. Lovely tartness up front, of course, but not tearing the enamel off the sink twenty feet away, & the blueberries add to it nicely. The berries aren't the sweet berry you'd pick off a bush in the wilderness (sigh, I'd like to do that, but it's winter), but dry, dusty, unripe berries. Bit of vinegar mid-bite. Dry, dry, dry. I am sucking this down. It's like a pleasantly harshed up version of my favorite fruit juice.

Now I've had it & this - this is what lambics/wilds should be like, the sour & tartness playing off other aspects of the beer rather than being an exercise in facial contortions. Mind-blowing? No. Excellent? Certainly. Very glad to try it.

4.65/5  rDev +2.9%

Bottle shared by Shep - thanks!

Pours an attractive shade of dark purple with a head that's half cream-colored and half purple. The head recedes into a wispy layer on top leaving decent lacing.

Smells of large amounts of funk - wet hay and leather among others - with solid amounts of tart blueberry aromas. As it warms the aromas grow mustier.

Tastes similar to how it smells. Good amounts of funk flavors kick things off and are joined quickly by solidly tart berry flavors. The berry flavors include blueberries but they're tough to pick out until the flavors sweeten just a bit before a crisp ending.

Mouthfeel is very good. It's got a nice thickness with active carbonation.

Drinkability is also very good. I finished my glass very quickly and could easily have a few more.

Overall this beer is all that it's hyped to be. I have to say that this beer would work with any fruit but the choice of blueberries puts it in a very unique subset and makes it well worth a shot.

4.7/5  rDev +4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

A huge, HUGE thank you to the most awesome Jeffo for casually tossing this in the box he sent in probably the biggest trade I've done. I just about fell off my chair when I pulled this out, my biggest want for as long as I can remember.

3rd 40th birthday beer of the day. 2011 375ml bottle.

Appearance. Pours a nice looking, hazy, purplish-pink with s finger + of pink head with a hint of blue.

Smell. Nice and sour with that great woody funk, classic cantillon funk that is. Sour blueberries are there for sure ...the little wild sour ones that grow on the mountain, not the big fat sweet ones that are farmed out this way. Not sure what else to say, blueberry cantillon lambic, fuck yeah.

Taste. Oh man, sour blueberries, so tasty. Lots of that nice woody funk that anyone who's tried Cantillon knows and loves. It's a medium level of sourness and the blueberries are there, but a little more faint than I had imagined. Not like blueberry juice or anything, just amazing lambic complimented with the nice blueberries.

Mouthfeel. Lighter body, fine medium-low carbonation.

Overall. Expectations were high and I was not let down. Fantastic stuff. Wish it was part of the regular line up. Again, huge cheers to Jeffo for this bottle of blueberry heaven.

4.11/5  rDev -9.1%

Reviewed from notes

A: this is one sexy looking beer! pinkish to purple in color with a ½ finger pink colored head, leaves frothy spotty lacing

S: a hint of sweetness, a lot of sourness, and hints of berries fill the nose

T: tart! the berry flavor was muted at first and over powered by the strong tartness of this one, but as it warmed, the berry flavors become more evident. the tartness doesn't seem to disappear, just mellows out a bit. there was a strange aftertaste similar to that of a bandaid, but this too disappeared as it warmed.

M: mild to moderate carbonation, dry, medium body

D: maybe the prettiest beer I've had to date, the tartness makes this one a sipper, but better to let it sit for awhile and allow that to mellow out and enjoy more of the berry flavor.

Cheers!
The CPJ

4.6/5  rDev +1.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

750mL bottle poured into taster - 2011 vintage - thanks to Mark000

Pours a brilliant purpley blue color with a cloudy haze. Crop of white head rests on top, fading into a collar of filmy residue with spotty lacing on the glass.

Juicy blueberries in the nose with funky sourness. Soft acidity and faint sweetness, straw and wet hay. Still fruit-forward yet tart despite the year+ of age.

Blueberry-driven tartness with plenty of jammy fruit tones. The sourness builds on the palate while drinking, yielding a funky yeast and wet hay. Straw and biscuit malts with grain and more blueberries. Tart fruit skins and oak with a soft vinous character. Finishes tart and dry on the tongue.

Lighter medium body, well carbonated, bubbly and lively on the tongue. One of the best fruit lambics I've ever had, although I believe Fou Foune is still my favorite.

4.68/5  rDev +3.5%

HUGE thanks to GrumpyOldTroll for sharing this long time want with me. enjoyed from a zwanze day glass. Notes from 8/29.
750m bottle from 2011

a - deep maroon purple with a thin pink bubbly head taht hung out forever and didn't go away. streaky lacing. what a color!

s - blueberry. red wind. i just can't stop smelling it. dry. blueberry jam. some creaminess.

t - some blueberry on the taste. very red wine and extremely smooth and creamy...the creaminess actually gives it a bit of a white wine characteristic so kind of like red wine crossed with white wine and blueberries tossed in the mix.

m - prickly carbonated feel. pretty dry, but soft and creamy. just a hint of sourness...really easy to drink.

o - overally, what a great lambic. perhaps a great gateway sour as it isn't really sour at all, but rather fruity. not overly sweet. just right. really really solid. i can't decide if it lives up to the hype as the hype is so intense on this beer, but what a hell of a beer.

4.77/5  rDev +5.5%

2009 Batch 4, huge thanks to Kevin for sharing this one!

A-pours a dark maroon color, completely opaque with a light purple head that is pretty dense.

S-hint of tart cranberry immediately taken over by a cheesy barnyard funk. light acidity behind with a good sweet completely unripened fruit aroma, cranberry, blueberries and raspberry with a nice tartness to it.

T-the taste is great, nice sour and acidity. the cranberries and raspberries are up front, no where near ripe with that tartness that accompanies fruit of that nature. a light barnyard funkiness, not as present as the nose, with an astringent tartness and sublte blueberry flavor finishing it out.

M-soft feel to it, nice carbonation, syrupy body with a good crisp finish to balance and slightly astringent.

D-great balance, fantastic beer, excellent fruit appearance with perfect acidity and tartness, light barnyard funk adds complexity and works in very well.

4.3/5  rDev -4.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Review #300 and my first ever Cantillon. 375ml bottle, 2009 vintage, poured into AVBC snifter.

A: Pours an opaque dark purple with a billowing soft looking bright pink head that took forever to slowly fade into a thick fuzzy film. This has got to be one of the coolest and most interesting colored beers I've seen.
S: Complex and tart notes of lemon zest, mixed berries, and bretty funk. Smells like un-ripened red berries sitting on top a bale of hay that is left in a damp basement.
T: Not as tart or sour as I was expecting. Rather sweet actually. Blueberry juice flavors mix well with a musty attic notes and some acidic hints of citrus. Aftertaste is full of sour grapefruit or lemon pith. Flavors are all well integrated and mellow enough so that not one aspect dominates.
M: Carbonation froths up on the palate over the medium body and rich, soft mouthfeel. Finish is pretty dry, but not intensely so, with a fair amount of gritty tannins. Very refreshing. The light tartness doesn't overpower any of the delicate fruit flavors.
D: Overall a very good beer with great flavor and mouthfeel, but not one that I feel I would ever need to seek out again. This is great, yes, but there are plenty of easier to get beers that are just as good. Don't get me wrong though, this is pretty world class.

4.87/5  rDev +7.7%

Had this one during the 'We Want The Funk!' tasting that was graciously hosted by beermeX2! Big thanks goes out to sincereNC for sharing this one with the group! HOLY CHRIST, FINALLY! 2009 Vintage! Served from 375 mL bottle into a Mikkeller flute. Poured a reddish purple with a one finger slight pink head that subsided to a minimal amount slowly. Maintained decent lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, sour, fruit, dark fruit, blueberry, and a slight hint of funk. The flavor was of sweet malt, sour, blueberry, fruit, and slight funk. It had a light feel on the palate with high carbonation. Overall this brew is nothing short of (as I'm sure you know) excellent! All aspects of this one just worked extremely well together... The appearance was really unique to other lambics I have seen as you could tell there were blueberries involved in this beer before you even smelled it. The aroma was very inviting and I dare say, even mocked me to take a sip. I'm not one to be mocked so I did just that. WOW! There was no tart aspect at all in this one which was nice as I'm sure it would have covered up the delicate blueberry flavors going on here. The slight funky aspect was a really nice touch on the followthrough on this one. Just not a lot bad going on in this one if I'm completely honest. REALLY glad I got the chance to finally try this one as it was one of my harder to get brews via trading. I am currently searching for a 750 mL for my cellar if you have one you want to trade (hint hint traders!). A definite must try even if you have to beg or steal for it!

After typing this review and thinking about it, I am actually tasting the beer again and I indeed know that I need MORE. Someone help me out...

4.22/5  rDev -6.6%

From notes 8/5/11. Huge thank you to Dobby for this one. 2011, Batch 7, 750 ml. Pours a deep maroon and cloudy with a thin layer of bubbles. Aroma is very good. Lots of blueberries, earth, barnyard and mild cheese notes. The berries don’t seem terribly juicy, but it’s wonderfully restrained and complex. The taste is dry with a tannic, blueberry skin quality. I’m guessing that my review would be very high for an older bottle because this one just doesn’t seem to have the tartness of other Cantillon and 3F fruit lambics, and more sour berry flavor would put this over the top. Still, it’s pretty great, as is. Mouthfeel is fairly normal for the style - light, not too bubbly. Good stuff.

3.91/5  rDev -13.5%

2009 Batch II

A - A very, very dark red. About two fingers of a pinkish head that laced very nicely.

S - Lots of fruity berry goodness, including what seems to be blueberries. Little bit funky with some nice tart sweetness.

T - This was nice, but kind of disappointing given what I was hearing my friends say about it. A buddy of mine drank it with me and he said Batch 1 was significantly better. Has a funky blueberry taste, but not quite as sweet an tart as I was hoping. Little yeasty, and a little bit of heavier flavor than I wanted.

M - Syrupy and medium bodied, slightly creamy, nice carbonation, but would have preferred it a touch lighter.

D - Sweet and unoffensive, so it's pretty easy to drink. Not a session beer so to speak, but an easy drinker.

4.62/5  rDev +2.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Review #1000. I can't thank Jan enough for the opportunity to try this rarity, a 375mL bottle, 2007 vintage.

The cork came out with an impressive pop. Pours a gorgeous hazy purplish red with a fizzy lavender head that recedes fairly quickly but does hang around as a cap for the duration. Lacing is spotty.

The aroma is very interesting and the blueberries were evident right as I popped the cork and they seemed fairly sweet and sugary. However, once in the glass the aroma become much more pungent and trademark Cantillon. It's got the strong tart blueberries, a strong vinegar acidity and a healthy dose of funk. A strong, complex and overall stunning nose.

The taste is more of the same with a strong vinegar presence up front with the blueberries coming in on the tart side of things. There is a faint sweetness in there, but not nearly as sweet as that initial blueberry smell in the nose. The finish is dry with lots of funk and lots of tart fruit.

The mouthfeel is spritzy with lots of carbonation and very dry and funky on the palate.

Well, I've certainly been looking forward to this one and it didn't disappoint. It's got lots of funk and vinegar but it's much more balanced (for me) than some of the other Cantillons I've had. Wonderfully balanced and deserving of the praise.

4.65/5  rDev +2.9%

Bottle shared at Woodshop 7 at Beachwood BBQ in Long Beach. Pours a lovely dark strawberry/raspberry color. Deep strawberry aroma with accents of blueberry and acai. Blueberry and acai come through a lot in the flavor with a soft acidity. A really nice sour.

4.37/5  rDev -3.3%

Rusty golden
fluffy head
smells of sour blues and bread

taste is tart
bready too
quite wild as well but not too blue

Mouthfeel creamy
finish dry
I could drink this every Fri.

Cantillon it does the trick
when you want a special kick
super sour but not too much fruit
I'd love a case of this in my car boot

4.6/5  rDev +1.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

375ml bottle into a mini-nonic; the capstone of an awesome tasting.

A: Pours a clear, dark purple body underneath a vigorous, frothy light purple head. Crazy. I've never seen a beer this color, and it's amazing.

S: Classic, immense Cantillon funk, including barnyard, mustard, grape, and, yes, blueberries. Incredible.

T: Starts with fruit (blueberry), then gets sour and funky - but restrainedly so. Clean finish. Surprisingly restrained, but thoroughly delectable. So, so good.

M: Fairly light body, yet substantial, with tons of smooth, creamy effervescence. Excellent mouthfeel for a Cantillon especially.

D: I'd kill for more than a quarter of a 375. Extremely balanced for the style and brewery, I would drink this all day every day if I could.

Notes: Huge thanks to Tony for so generously sharing this, and also a shout-out to the amazing trader who threw this in as an extra. Unbelievable. I had no idea when (or if) I'd get to try this beer, and it was the most amazing surprise to see it make an appearance at this tasting. What a way to end an amazing night.

Cheers!

3.57/5  rDev -21%

Bottle shared at Cantillon before the Moeder Lambic tasting last weekend. Been holing onto to this bottle to share at the real source. Thanks for hanging out gents!

From a 37,5cl bottle into a tasting glass
Vintage: 2012

APPEARANCE: Pours a medium looking, foamy, white head with lousy retention. Head fades down to a ring rather quickly. A nice maroon red color, hazy, with no carbonation evident. A ring remains but leaves no lacing on the glass. A nice color, but rather unimpressive head.

SMELL: Quite nice. Funky acidic notes, with lots of berries and some tart lemon aromas on the nose. Reminds me mostly of pomegranate aromas, strangely enough. Rather enjoyable and well balanced between the fruit and funky lambic.

TASTE: Not quite as impressive as the aroma, unfortunately. A little empty up front with some acidic sourness initially. Tart lemon flavors and some sweetness from the berries come through the middle into the swallow. Bolder flavors come out after the swallow with acidic, tart lemon, light funk and some sweet pomegranate lingering on the palate. Sweet fruit with tart lemon and acidic notes linger on the palate. Rather nice and well balanced after the swallow, though a touch empty up front.

PALATE: Medium body and medium levels of carbonation. Creamy and smooth enough on the palate, lighter, goes down fine and finishes dry and slightly puckering. A strange sensation of pomegranate slivers stick to the back of the throat, like you were drinking the juice.

OVERALL: This is a solid fruited lambic for sure. Very enjoyable, and on the same level as many of their other fruited lambics. The berries are rather subdued compared to some of the other examples of the style, but that is part of the art in building complexity. I also wouldn't necessarily describe the flavor as blue or blackberries, as pomegranate tastes, and feels, much more accurate here. Nevertheless, this was enjoyable and I was very happy to finally drink this one at the source. Cheers gents!

4.97/5  rDev +10%

HUUUGE thanks to Dave for sharing this at a couple of tastings. You're the man! Review from notes.

Poured hazy pinkish, some red grapeskin hues with a pink-tinted white head that lasted a decent while. Wow the blueberry is really coming out of the glass. Nicely tart with a strong blueberry flavor... particularly of the unripe, sour blueberry kind. There's a lot more to this: slightest hint of mustiness, grass, and a puckering acidity. The beer is light and refreshing, yet very boldly flavored. Sourness is intense and relentless even in the finish, which is dry and tart. Berry flavor lingers a bit before giving way to a nice bit of funk. The beer is effervescent and dances with carbonation, but not too much so. Crisp and velvety at the same time, I can't really put my finger on it. All I know is that this beer is simply outstanding. Thanks again for sharing, Dave!

4.23/5  rDev -6.4%

Huge Thanks to Fogdog and jdub for bringing this one out for the Cigar City BA Bolita release party.

A: Pours a nice deep berry red with a fizzy head with a pink tinge. Little retention and no lace.

S: Nice funky sour aroma. The berries are there but they are of the sour sort.

T: Nice and acidic up front. The berries come out in the middle. They are in fact sour like early season strawberries with a blast of under ripe blueberries. Hints of citrus peek through along with the funky tartness found in all Cantillions.

M: Rather light to be honest, zippy carbonation.

D: Very good for the style. I usually don't find Cantillion to be real drinkable this one is.

4.25/5  rDev -6%

750ml bottle shared courtesy of kramer (thanks Jason!).

Poured a darker reddish, pinkish, amber color with a smaller sized pinkish head. Aromas of funkiness, barnyard, blueberries, and yeast. Tastes of leather, funk, yeast, and tart blueberries.

I really dug the funkiness and the way the blueberries were done on this one.

Notes from and tasted on 10/7/07.

4.15/5  rDev -8.2%

Thanks to the asshole who gave me some of this beer.

A: purplish red in color. Moderately cloudy. Forms a thin but very stable bluish purple head that sticks around for the entire glass. No lacing, but none expected.

S: aroma is primarily blueberries, but "dry" blueberries if that makes any sense. Sort of like blueberry leather. Then there is a slightly acetic note with a bit of dusty basement in the mix.

T: flavor is tart, slightly vinegary, but not overly so. Again there are blueberries, but they taste like the tart, unripe, not yet sweet and juicy blueberries you usually tossin the sink and don't actually eat. There is a bit of mustiness on the finish that sticks around for bit

M: medium bodied, tart, with good carbonation. There is a surprising bitterness that accompanies this beer, bu it doesn't distract from it.

O: wel I'm glad nameless asshole brought this beer for me to taste. An interestingly rare tick, though I don't see it living up to the hype.

4.52/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

MY friend got ahold of one of there bottles. He was kind enough to share it while we watched the Wisconsin basketball game. The flavours were good: a little tart for my preference. I really enjoyed the smell and aroma. It drew me in and made me want to drink it.

I appreciate being able to try such a rare and delightful beer.

Cantillon Blåbær Lambik from Brasserie Cantillon