Lion Imperial Premium Malt Pilsner | Ceylon / Lion Brewery Limited

Added by DoctorDog on 06-11-2009

firstprev| 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next → last
Reviews: 130 | Ratings: 212
2.39/5  rDev -20.1%

I didn't realize I had the imperial until I popped the cap (finally saw the label). I was excited to review a beer that not many people have had.

A: an orange gold with light carbonation

S: a foody smell unlike anything i have had before

T: malty with an aftertaste of inexpensive spaghetti sauce? I can't say that I liked the taste all that much.

M: light carbonation with a crisp feel on the tongue.

2.63/5  rDev -12%

The alcohol domination made this beer unpleasent to enjoy. I really think I would of enjoyed what this beer brought to the table, but I could not get beyond the rubbing alcohol taste in my mouth. In the spirit of trying to be fair I must say I think I have a bent away from really high AVB beers. The exception being Chimay beers. I think this is going to one of those love/hate type beers.

3.35/5  rDev +12%

I think I was expecting some kind of American macro knockoff (think "Kingfisher"), and was pleasantly surprised. I could be wrong, but this seemed like an all-malt lager to me. It had a bit of sweetness (more than, say, a S.A. Boston Lager), but a nice, full mouthfeel. The appearance was robust; almost cloudy. And the head, while rather thin & fizzy, opened up to reveal a somewhat substantial smell; again, perhaps relative to what I was expecting. Fruity, decent bitterness.

1.83/5  rDev -38.8%

Apperance: Pours a usually lager pale yellow with a 1in head

Smell: Has a light grain smell (like macro lagers), that is sweetened

Taste/Mouthfeel: Taste is of a usuall lager that is accented by sweetness. After taste is of an awful olive like flavor.

Comments: Would NOT buy it again.

3.77/5  rDev +26.1%

Pours orange-yellow with a moderately sustaining white head.

Smell's of sweetgrass and honey, a bit of an herbal character as well.

Sweet honey flavors throughout most of the palate. Ends with a decent bitterness.

Medium-full bodied. Seems a bit underattenuated, but not a bad offering.

firstprev| 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next → last