Lion Imperial Premium Malt Pilsner | Ceylon / Lion Brewery Limited

good
Read the review
Lion Imperial Premium Malt PilsnerLion Imperial Premium Malt Pilsner

Ceylon / Lion Brewery Limited
Sri Lanka
lionbeer.com

Style: Euro Strong Lager

Added by DoctorDog on 06-11-2009

1.33/5  rDev -55.5%

Oh my god, this is one of the all time worst beers! I poured it a bit too cold which should have benefitted this, but its quality shown thru. The beer reeked of sweet solvents. One taste and I almost retched; had to dump it and wash my mouth out. If you want somebody to leave your party, give them this beer.

2.76/5  rDev -7.7%

Poured from a 12 oz bottle into a tulip.

I'm a little jaded with this review but I guess my impulsiveness serves me right. Its called Imperial, the bottle is black, and I've had Lion Stout before and enjoyed it. So Lion Imperial to my surprise... is a pilsner.

A: Golden yellow with moderate 2 fingers of head.

S: Grains. Some floral hops but very mild.

T: Cereal grains and sugar, plus extra sugar, with some sugar. A subtle smokiness. Hops are nearly absent.

M: This is a pilsner? It's a little thick, somewhat syrupy. The beer is flat, essentially without carbonation.

O: Meh. As I said, I thought I was buying the Imperial Lion Stout. I won't get the pilsner ever again. I've had so many better and cheaper pilsners...

4.25/5  rDev +42.1%

3.44/5  rDev +15.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

4.25/5  rDev +42.1%

2.25/5  rDev -24.7%

4.75/5  rDev +58.9%

2.75/5  rDev -8%

3.75/5  rDev +25.4%

2.75/5  rDev -8%

3.04/5  rDev +1.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Perhaps I'm a little jaded or just spoiled after getting to know the differences of beers. Time was a beer like this would have been pretty high on my list. But now, after having different styles, a pilsner just doesn't seem to do it for me anymore. For what it is, it's acceptable. But then again, it ranks up there with a run of the mill grocery store brand. I probably won't revisit this one.

Lion Imperial Premium Malt Pilsner from Ceylon / Lion Brewery Limited