Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock | Privatbrauerei Franz Inselkammer KG / Brauerei Aying

Ayinger Celebrator DoppelbockAyinger Celebrator Doppelbock

Privatbrauerei Franz Inselkammer KG / Brauerei Aying
Germany
ayinger-bier.de

Style: Doppelbock

Added by BeerAdvocate on 01-10-2001

Ratings: 6,509 |  Reviews: 2,435

4.5/5  rDev +3.9%

I was out with my wife the other night and she had a wild idea that she would pick my beer out for me. My wife doesn't know anything about beer, nor does she drink it. Out of a list of about 60 some beers, she picks this one. I could have kissed her for that! I love this beer. I would have never picked it because somewhere in the back of my head I have a notion that I don't like dark beers. But the last 2 beers that I have had were both very dark and I absolutely loved both of them!

This beer is very dark, almost black. I held it up to a light and you could barely see through it. I poured to from the bottle to a glass (as you always should) and it was a glorious moment watching that silky smooth dark liquor moving from the bottle to the glass. The head was thick with a almost tan colour. It had as very smooth texture going down, very easy to drink. The taste was not what I usually associate with a dark beer. The taste was actually very pleasant. I love this beer. I will buy it again. And I will suggest this to ANY beer lover!

Later I found out that this beer is #25 on BeerAdvocate's Top 100 Beer list!

4.5/5  rDev +3.9%

Pours deep brown, almost black, with deep red highlights. Great tan head that stays for a while.

The aroma is great toasted malts, some fruity sweetness. Tastes is mostly up front sweet malts, a bit of chocolate. Great deep toasty flavor with a bit of an alchohol finish.

Man this beer is good and comforting. Medium body and carbonation, and pretty darn drinkable.