Quad | Weyerbacher Brewing Co.

QuadQuad

3.87/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 1,149 |  Reviews: 554
4.09/5  rDev +5.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

4.58/5  rDev +18.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

3.73/5  rDev -3.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.71/5  rDev -4.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.25/5  rDev +9.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.75/5  rDev -3.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.46/5  rDev -10.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

12/12/16

Bottle to snifter.

LOOK: medium brown, with an orange hue. Flat looking. No head.
AROMA: lots of fruit (cherry, lemon strawberry,apple ) with some booziness.
TASTE: citrus, sour apple, sour cherry, very light grains. Touch of wood near the finish, but very subtle.
FEEL: there is suprising life considering what it looks like, medium body. Some stickiness.
Too much fruit going on. While I Don't mind it so much, there is not much of a Belgian quality. Seems more like a fruity barleywine, than a Quad.

Good beer, just a little unexpected.

4.25/5  rDev +9.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.35/5  rDev +12.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.97/5  rDev +2.6%

12 oz brown bottle - bottled on 11/6/15 - best before 11/6/20

Weyerbacher Quad Ale has a dirty amber colored body with a 3/4-finger head that only lasted a few seconds. No lacing was evident. The aroma was sweet and malty. The taste begins like the aroma - sweet caramel and toffee is first noted followed by dark fruit [raisins] and [light] brown sugar. Mouth feel is medium and not as heavy/full as some quads I have had. The Quad has a lower amount of carbonation and a nice alcohol warming at the finish.

Overall, a good quad with good drinkability for such a high abv.

3.79/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

I purchased a 4 pack earlier today that was just put in the sales floor .
I felt the price was reasonable for a strong quad even though American brewed .
I'm currently on my second one and have nothing to complain about, however nothing to rave about .
Looks nice, smells great, taste is nice for a non Belgian brewed quad .
If I had and complaint it would be that it's a little to thin for me .
I know American brewed isn't Belgian, so I can accept that and it's a hell of a lot cheaper.
Will I buy it again ??
Most definitely yes . Will knock over the guy in front of me for it , well I could be just as happy with Sixth Glass from Boulevard which I can find with no problem.

Don't mean to bash this brew as it is tasty, but maybe I'm having a bad day :(

It's Friday !!
Cheers !! I'll crack open something amazing if things get worse :)

4.1/5  rDev +5.9%

Delicious! I used to think the only way they could possibly make it better is by barrel-aging it, but then they made Blasphemy. If I die with a glass of something Weyerbacher in my hand, I will die a happy woman.

3.5/5  rDev -9.6%

The main feature of this particular bottle which had been shelf-aging at the local store for over a year was an incredibly plumminess on the palate. As the brew warmed, however, some rather unpleasant and lingering flavors revealed themselves in the long, drawn-out finish.

4.05/5  rDev +4.7%

A - Pours ruby red with a one finger off white head. The head dissapates fast leaving a thin thin ring.

S - Aroma is Belgian yeast, brown sugar, plums and raisins.

T - The taste follows the aroma. Belgian yeast, plums, raisins and caramel malts with some light sour notes in the finish.

M - Medium carbonation with a medium body. Soft light mouthfeel with a dry sticky finish.

O - This is a nice American Quad. The alcohol is well hidden making this a nice sipper.

3.76/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

Served in a tulip from the bottle.

Appearance: Dark Amber color with medium bubbles to the body. Head is an off-white color rising maybe to quarter of an inch, drops quick after just a sip. Zero lacing, nice and even.

Smell: Light yeast notes with hints of cinnamon.

Taste: Little sweet, but of honey and light nutmeg with light sour notes. Slight inbalance which flavor a might make someone love or like the feel.

Mouth: Medium carbonation but very sticky which is where this one gets points. Syrup like finish.

Overall: It's good, but trust me it's all about how experienced you are with quads. There are better quads out there, trust me. Take a chance, always in a glass. Salud!

4.35/5  rDev +12.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Quad | Weyerbacher Brewing Co. Bottled on 11/6/15. Poured from the bottle into a snifter, this brew's head is three fingers thick and a light tan, with lateral lacing, and a clear very deep reddish brown body.

Smells like brown sugar/ caramelized malts along with a strong plum, fig, and clove type of ester. Almost smokey.

I taste Belgian candied yeast up front, moving into some dark yet juicy/slightly sweet dark fruits. A very pleasing blend of flavors altogether.

The mouthfeel I'm getting is medium with minimal carbonation. I gotta say though : I'm really feeling the alcohol warmth with this brew.

Overall, I'll give Quad | Weyerbacher Brewing Co. a rating of 4.25. A tasty sipper to reflect on the day and spin/stream/whatever it is you do to jam out to your favorite albums with.

3.9/5  rDev +0.8%

4.3/5  rDev +11.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Look - deep hazy mahogany that has a vibrant red hue when held to the light. There is basically no head to speak of.
Smell - this is what I want from a beer; raisins, molasses, tart cherry, caramel, vanilla, and spicy yeast & booze form a strong and ever-present foundation to it all.
Taste - all of these flavors kinda clash since notes of raisin, molasses, cherry, Belgian yeast, and booze are all competing for the spotlight. It still works, but it's a little messy.
Feel - low carbonation, thick chewy body, and finishes pretty dry in a boozy way.

4.39/5  rDev +13.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

3.75/5  rDev -3.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I picked up a bottle of Weyebacher's Quad for $3.39 at The Lager Mill. It's been a little a while since I've had a Quad and I'm interested to see how this one turns out, so lets see how it goes. 2015 Vintage. Poured from a brown 12oz bottle into a snifter.

A- The label looks nice, it's got a classy look to it and it's a little eye catching. It poured a red/brown color that took on more of a ruby and crimson hue when held to the light with a little over a fingers worth of creamy light tan head that died down to a thin ring that eventually faded away and it didn't leave much lacing behind. This is a pretty nice looking quad, I have no complaints.

S- The aroma starts off with a higher amount of sweetness with the Belgian yeast being the first to show up and it imparts a typical estery Belgian yeast aroma and it's followed by some dark fruit that impart a nice mixture with the raisins sticking out the most by just a little. Up next comes a little bit of noticeable alcohol aroma it's followed by malts which impart a caramel malt, caramel, toasted malts and a lots of sweet malt aromas. This beer has a pretty nice aroma, but it's got a little more sweetness than I would prefer.

T- The taste seems to be pretty similar to the aroma and it starts off with a lower amount high sweetness with the yeast still being the first to show up and it imparts the same estery Belgian yeast aspects that shows up just a little more than it did in the aroma. Up next comes the dark fruits which impart the same aspects that they did in the aroma, but this time no single fruit sticks out the most and it's got more of a juicy aspect to it. Up next comes just a slight bit of noticeable alcohol and it leads into the malts which impart the same caramel malt and sweet malt aspects that they did in the aroma. On the finish there's a hardly any bitterness with more sweetness coming through with a little bit of warming booze on the aftertaste with some Belgian yeast and dark fruit flavors coming through in the aftertaste. This is a pretty nice tasting Quad, but I wish it had a little more complexity to it.

M- Fairly smooth, a little sticky, on the thicker side of being medium bodied with a lower amount of medium carbonation. The mouthfeel is pretty nice and it works well with this beer.

Overall I thought this was nice beer and a pretty nice example of the style, it had pretty much all the aspects that I look for in the style, but they didn't come together well enough to make t a great example of the style. This beer had ok drinkability, one would be my limit, anymore than that and it would start to wear on me. What I like the most about this beer is that i's true to style. What I like the least about this beer is the complexity, I wish it was more complex. I don't think i would buy this beer again, but I wouldn't turn one down. It's worth a try if you really like the style, but I don't think it's a must try when it comes to Quads. All in all i liked this beer, but it was just a little rough around the edges and that held this beer back from being as good as it could be. It's not a favorite Weyerbacher beer and it's above average for the style. Nice job guys, this is a solid Quad.

3.98/5  rDev +2.8%

I love the heat in the finish. Very nice sweetness.

4.41/5  rDev +14%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

3.98/5  rDev +2.8%

Quad from Weyerbacher Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 71.5% out of 100 with 1,149 ratings