TINY

Gots
SCORE
Very Good
TINYTINY
Notes: ABV may vary. "Belgian Imperial Stout".
Reviews: 421 | Ratings: 1,272 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
clayrock81 from Florida

3.85/5  rDev -3.8%

Poured a black body with minimal khaki head and lace ring that slowly dies. While I get hints of Belgian yeast and something like raisins or prunes, there seems to be a mild coffee smell dominating the aroma. Mild beer, smooth, has this coffee taste that borders on java with touches of chocolate, raisins, and prunes. Thicker beer and slow-sipping, ABV is mostly hidden, and pretty enjoyable beer.

Aug 19, 2021
lastmango from Pennsylvania

4.35/5  rDev +8.7%

I found this at a bottle shop and thought I would try it. This beer really had me confused as it is classified as an American Imperial Stout but bottle labeled as a Belgian Style Imperial Stout, which I had never heard of.

Poured black with a one finger fizzy tan head that dissipated to a thin ring, which eventually disappeared. Light lacing was present during the first half of the session. The nose is light roasted malt with a noticeable sweetness that hints that this is a Belgian. On the palate, a robust sweetness blows you away and then malt, caramel, dark fruit, toast and black licorice lingers on the finish. The mouthfeel is light moderate with moderate carbonation. The ABV is 11.8% and in the beginning, the ABV is hidden. However, towards the midpoint, the ABV kicks you in the teeth and you then realize that this sweet concoction could get you seriously drunk if you had a few. TINY is a complex combination of Belgian ale and Imperial Stout that is quite unique. Although very sweet, which I do not normally like, I would definitely buy this again for the complex flavors.

Apr 01, 2021
bminor7 from New York

4.04/5  rDev +1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

750ml bottle is stamped with
Assuming this means it was made on November 11, 2011 and should be consumed within 5 years. $8.39 whereever I got it.

Jan 16, 2021
Fordcoyote15 from Pennsylvania

4.28/5  rDev +7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

How is it 2020 and I dont have this reviewed or rated? I know I've had it before but must have just never logged it.

Look and smell had me pumped for it. Excellent roastiness/smokiness slight char on the nose and initial palate. Too sweet to hit a home run. It taste like candied sugar all day. Maybe that's just an association im making from the Belgian yeast but im 90% sure it actually also loaded up with sugar. Shame as if it were a touch less sweet it would be world class and very expedition like with a touch if yeasty Belgian twang.

Overall I probably won't finish but 6 or 7 ounces of this.

Dec 26, 2020
kookajamo from Delaware

4.24/5  rDev +6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

This beer is a great combination of a Belgian dark beer and an imperial stout. Alcohol is well hidden and the flavor and smell profiles are very complex. Lots of stone fruit, chocolate, roasted malt, Belgian yeast and burnt toast coming through. Mouthfeel is incredibly thick and syrupy. Overall great brew.

Apr 12, 2020
eugene17pluto from New Jersey

I see no flaws with this beer and I think the rating 89 is much lower than its real value

I think it should be in the 90-95 area. This is better than Bell's and Stone's dark beers.

I drink mostly Belgian style ales and dark stouts: bourbon aged, imperial, coffee and chocolate etc

So when I saw a beer that combines both style, I knew it would be interesting.

The ABV score of 12% is sorta high and I try to have one when I feel the need to get drunk and not just a mild buzz.

Nov 12, 2019
GuyFawkes from Illinois

4.25/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

From old, undated notes. Poured from the bottle.

Black liquid, slight ruby around the edges.

Khaki head, which quickly dissipates. Almost no lacing.

Smells of chocolate covered plums. More chocolate than plum.

Thick mouthfeel.

The Belgian yeast is prominent in the flavor up front; followed by dark chocolate and dark fruit. Roasted coffee shows up deep in the aftertaste after a few quaffs. Not overly boozy for the a.b.v., but after just a few sips I feel light-headed. Since this is a bomber, I'm glad I'm not driving tonight!

Solid 'Belgian' American stout. A winter night would serve this well.

Oct 28, 2019
brewandbbq from New Hampshire

4/5  rDev 0%

750ml bottle from 2010.

Pours nearly opaque black with a minimal head or retention. Kahlua and cola in the nose. On the fuller side of medium bodied with light carbonation. Boozy and chocolaty on the palate. Finishes boozy with lingering Kahlua.

Oct 20, 2019
Samlover55 from New York

4/5  rDev 0%

12oz bottle into Tulip
Pours dark black with dark brown head
Aromas of dark fruit dominate the nose along with big roasty notes as well
Taste follows
Nice thick feel
Overall a solid imperial stout

Sep 08, 2019
jkblr from Indiana

3.81/5  rDev -4.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

12oz undated (that I can find) bottle poured into a teku glass at fridge temp 11.8% ABV. The beer pours dense dark brown with medium brown, cola like head that fizzled out within 90 seconds. No residual head or lacing. The aroma is semisweet baker's chocolate with a hint of Belgian yeast and slight booze. The flavor is more rich semisweet baker's chocolate, heavy clovey yeast and powerful ethanol. Medium bitterness. The mouthfeel is full to medium bodied with average carbonation and a semi dry finish. Overall, good. This is pretty boozy.

Jul 16, 2019
TheDoctor from Canada (QC)

3.41/5  rDev -14.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Serving: Bottle
Bottled: Feb-2-2018

A:
It pours thick and pitch black with finger of rusty head.  Little retention;  no lacing. (3.25)

S:
Phenolic and roasty. (3.5)

T:
Astringent roast flavor, molasses, strong black tea with some spicy phenols. (3.5)

M:
Astringent, thin, fizzy, boozy warmth, phenolic. (3.25)

O:
An interesting beer but one that doesn't really do it for me.
It doesn't look up to snuff from the get-go, but not the end of the world for a beer this "tiny." It is roasty smelling but the nose is mainly dominated by spicy zip from the yeast. Flavor is similar. Dry and nigh acrid for a spilt second in every sip it is peppery, chatty and molassesy. Together these are a little intense when paired with the ABV, but I get it, that is kinda their schtick and what they were going for here. Anyway, not bad, but a little muddled and harsh in my eyes. (3.25)

Mar 14, 2019
TonyLema1 from South Carolina

3.59/5  rDev -10.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

L: black, thin tan head, not much lacing
S: Belgian yeast, stone fruit
T: the initial taste is delicious, but the finish is off putting
F: the finish is a little burnt and soy sauce like
O: not as great as I remember

Mar 05, 2019
SierraNevallagash from Maine

4.27/5  rDev +6.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4

Pours a deep jet black with about 3 fingers of extremely dark, almost bluish brown head, that loudly sizzles down in moments. The liquid lies black and still after this.

The nose on this is very interesting. It actually smells like a heavily spiced Belgian dark quad. More than the lightly toasted malt that shows up on the back end, is the serious Belgian yeast phenols, and added spice. Clove, nutmeg, cinnamon, and yeast esters make up the majority of the nose. Lots of green banana. Burned sugar. Vanilla. Some toffee. Quite interesting, and not at all stout-like.

Palate: Thankfully, the flavor does not match the nose at all. On the palate, this is very much an imperial stout. Heavily roasted malt brings dominant flavors of dark chcoclate, anf a little bit of char. Beneath that, I get vanilla, a hint of dried dark fruit, and then those Belgian notes that dominated the nose. Cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, clove, etc.., some of that green banana, and just vague, typical Belgian yeast notes. It definitely has aspects of a big, bold, spicy quad, but it's a stout, through and through. The beer itself makes zero effort in hiding its near 12% ABV. Boozy on the nose, palate, and especially the finish. You taste all the 11.8 % ethanol. Quite apparent, but there's enough going on to hold it.

Mouthfeel: The body on this is absolutely luscious. It's incredibly thick, viscous, and syrupy. Like drinking olive oil. Practically flat, save for the slight fuzz of C02. Very heavy.

Overall, I have to give this points for being interesting. I havent had a stout with this much clasdic Belgian influence before. Its certainly unique. However, I feel like it,just isnt what it's capable of being. It seems rushed, and almost lazy, as if better effort anf closer attention to detail, and some added patience could have seriously improved this. Nevertheless, it's not a bad stout, and it's a great display of Belgian-style tradition paried with a big Russian-style beer. Worth a try. Pick up a single first.

Feb 09, 2019
Franziskaner from Missouri

3.77/5  rDev -5.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pitch black in color with no light penetration. There's a fingernail of brown around the rim. The aroma is of raisins, plums, and sweet, fruity Belgian yeast. I'm tasting plum, fig, dark roasted barley, and it finishes sweet again with the fruity Belgian yeast. After the finish I get a bit of booziness and more raisin and plum. The mouth is thick and chewy and there's a boozy warmth.

Feb 02, 2019
Oktoberfest from Ohio

4.44/5  rDev +11%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

On tap in a 10 oz glass. Dark, alcoholy. Yes, that's totally a word. Chocolate. Very strong taste of Burgandy. Weyerbacher does big beers well and this is no exception.

Nov 24, 2018
Treyliff from West Virginia

4.09/5  rDev +2.3%

12oz bottle poured into a snifter
Bottled 3/2/18

A- pours deep black in color with a one-finger creamy khaki head that disappears almost immediately

S- Belgian candied sugars on the nose up front, along with banana, dark cherry, molasses, chocolate, even a bit of concord grape juice

T- bitter chocolate and black strap molasses up front, followed by a variety of dark fruit notes; black cherry, dark grapes, figs and raisins. The finish gives a peppery note with port-like qualities. Lingers of roasted barley

M- medium body with moderate carbonation leads to a slightly creamy mouthfeel and a light alcohol warmth on the linger

O- a complex stout that seems to open up more as I drink it, very good

Nov 16, 2018
bbtkd from South Dakota

3.98/5  rDev -0.5%

Weyerbacher Tiny Imperial Stout, 11.8% ABV. Pours black with a one finger brown head that dissipated quickly, leaving no lacing. Nose is roast malt, slight banana, bread/toast. Taste is toast, some banana, a bit boozy, coffee, and a slight bitter close. Develops a moderate bitter aftertaste. Has a bit of carbonation burn, so only very good mouthfeel. Overall excellent to near outstanding.

Nov 14, 2018
messersc from Illinois

4.32/5  rDev +8%

I'm a fan. Pours with a nice-looking head. I love the smell, which is heavy for me on banana bread, although the taste I would describe more as actual banana, with coffee. Not a really strong roasted flavor. Sweeter on the nose than on the palate. A little bit of a slick mouthfeel for me - I'm wondering whether that's the beer or it was just an oddity of the bottle (but I didn't get any off flavors). An interesting tingly sort of thing going on at the finish - I liked that. I liked it and I would buy it if you're looking for a quality beer, but I'm not sure I would totally agree with its labeling as a "Belgian-style Stout." No clear Belgian yeast characteristics are coming across for me, and it's pretty damn viscous for anything Belgian.

Oct 14, 2018
deleted_user_971432

3.95/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 4.25

Belgian imperial stout, hmmm.....what is that anyways? I am not sure how to approach that title because I don't know much about it. I have had darker Belgium beers, but not really a Belgian stout. The darker Belgian beers tend to taste like sweeter, maltier, carbonated beers. Not sure if that is what they are going for, but this seemed to taste like an average type of strong, imperial stout. It was a good drink, but I wasn't blown away by it.

Look: pitch black, tan head
Smell: dark malty, coffee, bready
Taste: smooth and malty, little bit of coffee, warming sensation
Feel: heavier, smooth, silky
Overal: It is a good strong stout that is well balanced and goes down nice and easy. it's good for when you want a regular well balanced imperial stout that.

Jul 30, 2018
Mindcrime1000 from South Dakota

3.9/5  rDev -2.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Poured from a bomber into a tulip....

The look is "imperial stout" in spades. Thick, viscous, opaque, oily, and low head but surprising lacing.

The nose delivers on the Belgian/Stout promise. Belgian yeast, dark fruit chocolate, and toasted malt all show up for the party, although there is a fairly solid solvent booze note on the nose as well.

The flavor follows the nose faithfully, both good and troubling. Excellent complexity, with the toasted malts coming to the fore, but the booze comes home too and maybe a bit strong overall.

The feel is pretty darn good. Well carbonated with plenty of booze to prevent stickiness, but then again, the booze is a little strong at the finish.

I was well braced for a boozy offering, but this one is not for the faint of heart. A good imperial that I would recommend, but be ready for the ABV.

Jul 07, 2018
mothmanscott from Georgia

3.97/5  rDev -0.7%

Pours India ink black with a rich, deep mocha head which rapidly dissipates leaving little behind in the form of surface cap or lace. The aroma is a rich, fruity stout full of roast, chocolate and Belgian yeast hints. Taste is toasted biscuits, Belgian yeast, toffee, chocolate and sweet coffee swimming in a blend of dark fruitiness. A hint of booze prevades. Mouthfeel is heavy bodied with low-moderate carbonation, viscous, creamy, chewy and tongue crawling prickly in the finish.

Jul 05, 2018
jjamadorphd from Florida

4.29/5  rDev +7.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Hot damn, this was a great offering from a brewer I simply love...(I have to make a pilgrimage to their tap house some day!)

Right out of the bottle it pours what I think is the blackest of all liquids - ever. What makes it unique is the reddish tinge across the top and though there was little to no foam and no lacing to even mention it was still something to behold. The smell was absolutely a wonderful thing to experience - chocolaty, notes of coffee, and just the hints of the booze - all mixed expertly in my opinion. Mouthfeel was carbonated but creamy (with a heat after-effect due to the high ABV) and the taste was booze forward with hints of the flavors I noted on my nose. This was truly a special experience. I will definitely be looking for another one to age for at least a year.

Jun 28, 2018
Impetuous from Montana

4.39/5  rDev +9.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Black body with a small, burnt caramel coloured head.

Flavors are fruit, biscuit malts, sweet malts, and some light chocolate. The fruit remains constant throughout and is very pleasant. There is very, very little unpleasantness from Carbonation is light and that’s appreciated.

I think it’s wonderful, don’t get the low score.

Jun 27, 2018
ExtraStout from Massachusetts

4.65/5  rDev +16.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

A - Seemed like a solid black but tilted I could see it had a dark cherry wood like brown. Deep mocha head as well but only a slight layer with lacing. Still it was impressive.

S - On the nose it mostly smelled of Belgium candied sugars including dark chocolate, mild roast, and some playful fruits.

T - This beer was very different from your standard Imperial Stouts. On the first pour the ABV was kind of cloying but as I sipped it became more balanced with the flavors of bakers chocolate, banana, and light roast. Slight raisin and plum joined in as it warmed. The kicker was the second pour which had the yeast at the bottom which I didn't expect. The yeast gave it a well concealed bitterness which masked the ABV extremely well. In fact this may have been the first beer that I should have poured harshly to mix sediment since it provided a nice dimension.

M - Mouth feel felt full despite the appearance of what looked to be a thin pour. Very drinkable despite the ABV.

Overall this beer really impressed me. Hearing most light beer drinkers here give this beer a heavy ABV burn made me think this beer would be better with age but it drank well. I could see myself picking up another bomber to have sometime over the summer but maybe to save for cold winters. Man, I've never been big on Belgiums but. I think I love Belgiums especially when done right!

Jun 16, 2018
Claude-Irishman from New Jersey

3.25/5  rDev -18.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

Looks black,with 1/2 " of khaki colored head which recedes in 1 minute. Smells of stone fruits,banana, fireplace ash, mild chocolate. Tastes is somewhat sweet. Banana split comes to mind.Taste is smooth and refined. (No head sort of bothers me) looks flat ,but it isn't. Feels boozy and way too thin. Nice bubbles and finishes almost dry. Which in a stout is the opposite of what I want to have. This has more of a chardonnay vinous feel. Overall this "Belgian Stout" is a disappointment) Weyerbacher stouts all seem to have this incredibly thin body to them which I find offensive. Will not purchase again. BA advocate lists this as a American double stout The bottle says Belgian style which makes me believe they used Belgian yeast. That explains the banana flavor.I believe aging a year helped significantly. I am not sure adjusting score is correct. It tastes much better aged.

May 06, 2018
TINY from Weyerbacher Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 89 out of 100 with 1272 ratings