Mexican Cerveza | Mickey Finn's Brewery

Added by brew3crew on 08-20-2011

2.1

Reviews by TMoney2591:
2.61/5  rDev +24.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

Served in a weizen glass at the brewpub, complete with lime slice.

This stuff normally disappears from the taps quickly, so I felt lucky to be able to try it this time around. It pours a clear sallow topped by a finger of white, craggy foam. The nose comprises wheat, lime zest, and lemon peel. I couldn't tell if it was the lime wedge or the beer that brought the lime to my 'strils, but I swirled it around after discarding the slice and the lime stuck around. Then I found out there's no lime in the beer. Stupid fruit garnishes. So, beyond the lime, pretty weak. The taste brings in more of the same (complete with lime, even without the slice...), along with some pear skin for good measure. The body is pretty light, with a strong carbonation and a crisp finish. Overall, a weak offering in general, but one that is admittedly refreshing on a humid summer afternoon. I guess I shouldn't have been so disappointed in missing this one in the past...

1.64/5  rDev -21.9%

On tap at Mickey finns. Served with a lime in it. Don't know how I feel about that yet.

A-hazy transparent yellow with a white head that stays around for awhile

S-couldn't get anything other than corn. Tried so hard to smell it my nose ended up in the glass.

T-fail. Shitty version of nati light. Corn and no real flavor and Fuck I have 22.5 more ounces to go.

M-light and crisp

O- failure at life. I was thinking a better version of a dos squid. It turned out to be worse. Alot worse. Nice idea, but I expect better. But hey, at least it looks decent

Mexican Cerveza from Mickey Finn's Brewery