Oat Homewrecker | Bluegrass Brewing Co. - East St. Matthew's

Bluegrass Brewing Co. - East St. Matthew's
Kentucky, United States
bbcbrew.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by gabeerfan on 06-10-2010

Reviews by gabeerfan:
4.07/5  rDev 0%

This is my first beer from this brewery. Apparently, the growler I shared was from the only keg produced.
Poured a clear, medium amber. Quick dissipating head that leaves a thin, wispy cap behind.
Interesting aromas of coconut, vanilla, pine and brown sugar. It's got some definite pine, grapefruit hop aromas, but the don't dominate the way I was expecting.
Flavors are pretty close to the aromas. Vanilla, coconut, pine, grapefruit. But, dried fruit and burnt caramel flavors start coming through too.
Medium-bodied, not sticky or thick the way most DIPAs tend to be, in a good way. Must be from the oats.
Drinkable? Flavor-wise, yes. Alcohol-wise, yes to a point. It's definitely hot and not a session beer, so it should be shared. If you can still find it.
Good start for me on this brewery and I look forward to trying other beers from them soon.

Oat Homewrecker from Bluegrass Brewing Co. - East St. Matthew's