Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

AleSmith My Bloody Valentine | AleSmith Brewing Company

AleSmith My Bloody ValentineAleSmith My Bloody Valentine
3.96/5
Very Good
AleSmith My Bloody ValentineAleSmith My Bloody Valentine

AleSmith Brewing Company
alesmith.com

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Don’t spend this Single Awareness Day alone – grab a beer! This red-blooded cousin of Evil Dead Red Ale, our Halloween Brew, is a beautiful crimson color. Notes of caramel, toast, and bittersweet chocolate balance an intense bouquet of floral hop aromas that we know you’ll fall in love with. The finish leaves a pleasant, full-bodied sweetness on the palate that won’t spread angry rumors about you to all your friends like that one time when I was…ohh…uhh…Happy Valentine’s Day!

Added by OStrungT on 02-13-2006

3.85/5  rDev -2.8%

2.79/5  rDev -29.5%
look: 5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Important note: Bevmo was selling this for full price in "seasonals" section but it was bottled on 12/24/13... yikes! Don't be like me, always check that date BEFORE buying/ drinking, folks!

A - Rich, dark and clear red! Healthy foamy head left some nice lacing
S - Sweet, cabbagey, soft maraschino cherries and cream. Perfumy / floral aromas.
T - Confused. Sweet but a little sulfury / vegetably, Slight citrus bitterness but also quite creamy. Images of artificial candy shells comes to mind. Like candied beets or glazed carrots.
M - Fair amount of chew to the body, would be nice if the flavors were more appealing. Moderate carbonation leaves a cream sensation on the end.
O - Beer was too old, not the brewer's fault, I'll revisit this beer when the next batch rolls out.

3.5/5  rDev -11.6%

4.75/5  rDev +19.9%

3.5/5  rDev -11.6%

3.16/5  rDev -20.2%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

A: amber/brown/red with a tan head.

S: hoppy like an IPA, but sweeter.

T: again, hoppy like an IPA, but much sweeter, but also reminded me slightly of a porter or stout due to the caramel/chalky aftertaste.

M: A bit too sweet for my tastes, as I'm not a huge fan of red ales, but still very drinkable. Kind of a weird hybrid of ale, porter and stout as mentioned above. I picked up a 22-oz bomber from my local shop for $3.50 on clearance, evidently they've had it left over since February. Not bad at all for that price.

AleSmith My Bloody Valentine from AleSmith Brewing Company