AleSmith Speedway Stout - Bourbon Barrel Aged | AleSmith Brewing Company

AleSmith Speedway Stout - Bourbon Barrel AgedAleSmith Speedway Stout - Bourbon Barrel Aged
4.52/5

Added by beerguy101 on 01-01-2004

#91

firstprev| 2076-2100 | 2101-2125 | 2126-2150  | next → last
Ratings: 2,144 |  Reviews: 352

What a great beer. Poured into a tulip glass.

A: Dark with mocha head on it. Lingers for a while and went down slow. Just as fast as I drank it, and I took my time.

S: Coffee, oaky, bitter, chocolate, mocha, liqour, cigar, charcoal

T: Smooth with hints of dark chocolate and woody

M: smooth, a bit milky, silky and something to savor as it went down.

NOTES: This was a huge treat. So glad I had to try this one.

Bottle #32/228
Started off with the regular Speedway, it had been a long while since I had it, wanted to compare the 2. Regular Speedway was better than I remembered, my palate has grown to favor Imperial Stouts. Now on to the BA Speedway

Pours pretty much the same as regular, but smell is not the same. Has dark ripe fruits in the smell, as well as the expected coffee and chocolate, mild alchohol. Very nice smell, couldn't wait to get the first taste.

Holy crap! This is the smoothest beer I have ever had! Goes down like silk, very little alchohol flavor, but the warming effect is there. I am not one to give great details on flavors, I am still learning to pick out the different ones, so I can't do this beer justice in my description. Very mild bourbon flavor, coffee, chocolate, but very different from the regular Speedway. 100% smoother, and the regular Speedway is pretty damn smooth. I have not rated a ton of beers, but I have had over 600 different beers, and I think this is #1!

This gets a "5" from me. I don't see how to improve on this. I can't wait to age my other bottle and try again in a couple of years. To all who have this beer, ENJOY! To all searching for it, GOOD LUCK

firstprev| 2076-2100 | 2101-2125 | 2126-2150  | next → last