AleSmith Speedway Stout | AleSmith Brewing Company

Alströms:

Ratings: 6,882 |  Reviews: 1,712

3.5/5  rDev -20.1%

4.4/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This is my second bottle of regular Speedway and I think I needed bottle #2 for a more objective review. Bottle #1 put me off primarily because it was too chewy and bitter-tasting to me IMO. So easy to meander up to Wisconsin, though, and snag this for $10.99 a bomber so I owed this WC beer another try and this time I was not disappointed. The rich, deep, and dark chocolate/coffee influence I experienced was outstanding. Definitely thick and chewable to me but that is part of experiencing this beer when you bring it to the table. Toasty and roasty? Absolutely. I would recommend it and support it as a world-class beer which is very reasonably priced (a luxury these days).

AleSmith Speedway Stout from AleSmith Brewing Company