Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Brockway Brown | Anacapa Brewing Company

3.6/5
Good
1 Rating

Anacapa Brewing Company
anacapabrewing.com

Style: American Brown Ale

Added by JayTheFinn on 09-16-2006

Reviews by JayTheFinn:
3.6/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Typical Anacapa brew: serviceably tasty, but not over the top in the flavor department. They don't seem to be following the trend of uberhopped ales here. They just make drinkable beverages. It's adequate and whenever I'm in the area I always stop in. However, I've never been bowled over by anything I've had by them. The Brockway Brown has a very similar look and taste to Newcastle. Now a Newky is nothing I'd turn away, but it's not my first choice if I'm given options. The hops and malts combine into a mild mix. There's not much bitterness and all in all it's a smooth easy drinker.

Brockway Brown from Anacapa Brewing Company