Escape Artist

Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Notes: Our newest release isn’t easy to pin down. Strata + Cashmere + Citra hops tie to subtle strands of expressive English yeast for a DIPA that’s smooth and just a bit of a sweet talker. Silky fresh-sliced mango mouthfeel and undaunted notes of lemon squares, clementine rind, and refreshing citrus sorbet leave a lasting impression.
Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 6 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
4.48/5  rDev +7.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

16 oz can from brewery, canned 1/20/19. FRESHHHHH

Pours a hazy juicy pale blonde with a tall creamy head of 2 fingers.

Aroma is just pure juice. OJ, Grapefruit, and pineapple juices. Some slight herbal dankness. Blueberry. This is straight juice. This is up there with some of the best New England aromas ever.

Flavor brings mineral, plant matter, grapefruit peel, grapefruit flesh, orange juice, blueberries, dank apricot, and slight pipe bowl.

Feel is acidic and juicy. Nice resins. Reminds me of Other Half.

Overall, this beer is like if Other Half decided to do a lighter sessionable pale ale. And that's not any type of slam, because IMO, Other Half is the best there is. This is an incredible beer, and for some reason, Bearded Iris always tastes better from the can than from the tap. I'm glad I bought a pack. I regret not buying packs of the other stuff I tried, because it may have been better from the can, but I just went off of what I was given from the taps. This can here is the Bearded Iris I know and love. I don't know what happened on the tap line the other night.

4.03/5  rDev -3.1%

Pretty unappealing, pulpy mess, looks-wise, though I guess that qualifies it as a milkshake IPA in terms of appearance in our modern beer world. But the beer, itself, is quite tasty.

Escape Artist from Bearded Iris Brewing