Allagash Black | Allagash Brewing Company

Allagash Brewing Company
Maine, United States
allagash.com

Style: Belgian Strong Dark Ale

Allagash Black is a Belgian style stout brewed with 2 Row barley, torrified wheat, oats, both roasted and chocolate malt and a generous portion of dark caramelized candi sugar. The silky mouth feel is a great balance to the roasted character, coffee and dark chocolate notes expressed throughout this beer.

Added by Bassetdawg on 12-14-2007

4.2

Ratings: 2,682 |  Reviews: 730

An incredible beer. Exactly what it should be.

4.99/5  rDev +23.5%

Had this very tasty beer with a Plate of BBQ at Tennessee Jed’s- Seaford NY. Label is plain, beer pours nicely, strange little bubbles for such a dark beer. Quite surprising was the taste, I expected more Guinness, but there was a crisp sweetness, and soon realized I will need a second.
Highly recommended

4.96/5  rDev +22.8%

4.94/5  rDev +22.3%

Great beer. Very smooth and flavorful

4.94/5  rDev +22.3%

I wanted a beer one night while in San Francisco and I saw this beer in a 4 pack and it caught my attention. I decided to give it a shot. The first thing I noticed was the very mild smell, I don't know how to describe the smell but it makes you want to taste it. The taste is one of if not the best stout I have ever tasted. It has an amazing flavor while still being very light and mild (allot of dark beers make you feel like you just ate a meal). I would recommend this stout/beer for anyone who enjoys a flavorful beer. If you aren't a fan of darker beers trust me when I say give this one a chance it combines the best aspects of beers, Dark: Great Flavor without being bitter like allot of darker beers, Lighter: Very light with a mild taste that makes you want to keep drinking it.

I have for sure found my new favorite beer.

4.92/5  rDev +21.8%