Allagash White | Allagash Brewing Company

Allagash Brewing Company
Maine, United States
allagash.com

Style: Witbier

Our interpretation of a traditional Belgian wheat beer. Brewed with a generous portion of wheat and spiced with coriander and Curacao orange peel, this beer is fruity, refreshing and slightly cloudy in appearance.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 07-27-2001

Ratings: 5,322 |  Reviews: 1,388

4.85/5  rDev +17.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Over the past year, had 6 kegs of Allagash White, 1 keg of Allagash Black and a BBC Coffehouse Porter (very good) and we just can't shake Allagash White -- it's like crack cocaine!! This Christmas Eve we had family over with many wine drinkers and one older uncle who is sworn to Budweiser to the end of his days. Within an hour all were drinking Allagash White and asking for more. Need I say more?

4.8/5  rDev +16.2%

3.75/5  rDev -9.2%

3.5/5  rDev -15.3%

4.5/5  rDev +9%

3.75/5  rDev -9.2%

4.37/5  rDev +5.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

12 oz. bottle, poured into tulip glass. *Re-reviewing based on another experience*

A: Pours a gorgeous shade of straw yellow, that's damn-near opaque due to the unfiltered nature of the style. A gargantuan, creamy bleached white head forms, but eventually deflates down to a consistent, frothy 1/2 inch head that remains until the end. Beautiful silky white lacing all down the glass.

S: Lemon and coriander are the leading roles. I'm not detecting the orange as I did on my last occasion with this brew. Citric, sweet, spicy. Very uplifting.

T: Coriander upfront with large notes of lemon zest. Some sweet banana coming through with some wheaty undertones. The alcohol is non-existent, which isn't surprising considering the low ABV. This one holds true to the brewer's description of "clean, crisp and refreshing."

M: Even with the outstanding flavors boasted by this brew, the mouthfeel is where it really shines. Exceptionally creamy, and understated, but ever-present carbonation, with a silky smooth texture throughout allows this one to slip and slide all over your tastebuds and make its way down with ease.

O: Even though I'm slightly less amazed by this brew on my third time around, and I no longer consider it my favorite beer to date, it still holds the title of "The Witbier to End All Witbiers" in my mind. The flavors are borderline flawless, and the mouthfeel is one of the best I've experienced on any brew. Allagash truly hit a homerun with Allagash White, and this brew has set the standards by which I judge a Witbier.

4.5/5  rDev +9%

4.99/5  rDev +20.8%

I can't believe I haven't rated this yet. So perfect. My go to for a perfect beer. I think the balance of wheat and citrus is perfect. Pours this typical yellowtail color with an ok carbonation and head. But the taste is so f...ing good. Allahash is one of many Maine breweries killing it. This beer is simply perfect

Allagash White from Allagash Brewing Company