Allagash Yakuza | Allagash Brewing Company

Allagash Brewing Company
Maine, United States
allagash.com

Style: Tripel

A strong golden ale, dry-hopped with lots of Sorachi Ace and Cascade hops.

Added by beerbiatchMD on 12-16-2011

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
Reviews: 26 | Ratings: 163
4.84/5  rDev +17.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

Served in a balloon glass. Yakuza pours a perfectly clear yellow gold color with an excellent white, fluffy head that sticks all down the sides of the glass. The head dissipates, but slowly, taking its time and leaving its mark. This one is clearly dry-hopped!

It has a sweet, delicate lemon aroma, with subtle hints of cake batter. It's not quite as strong as I would like, and the Tripel aroma is just not present. It is not very Belgian-like in that regard. No matter though, because this beer smells great!!

Shit, it tastes awesome. Like really awesome and I am thinking how to get this on tap at my house. It is very similar to Brooklyn Sorachi Ace in my opinion, which is a great compliment, because I LOVED that beer. The Sorachi Ace hops do it for me I guess...coconut, vanilla, and banana all com to mind in this flavor.

Simply perfect carbonation. Creamy mouthfeel with a medium body. Smooth finish.

Wow, great beer. Love the hop profile, love the body, definitely drinkable as hell and would drink again! Seek out this beer! I was taken by surprise again, and this makes me think I need more Allagash in my life!

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last