Baltika #8 Wheat | Baltika Breweries

Added by Naerhu on 12-24-2002

firstprev| 176-200 | 201-225 | 226-250  | next → last
Reviews: 227 | Ratings: 355
3.95/5  rDev +11.3%

This is a fine version of a style I am not fond of. It poured a nice, cloudy gold, thanks to being unfiltered. The head was classic wheat - off white, firm, plenty of contours like clouds as seen from above in an airplane. The smell was fresh and fruity, the mouthfeel plenty prickly from the carbonation. The taste was light and fruity like a good wheat should be. Baltika has done a great job with this style.

4.85/5  rDev +36.6%

This was my first wheat beer, and it hooked me. I tried it while I was in Russia and was disappointed when I could not find it in the United States. I have not found an equal. The beer had a fairly strong banana smell, quite refreshing. The taste was wonderful (even while room temperature). It went down so smooth I could drink it any day any time. If anyone knows of a place where I can buy it please tell me.

firstprev| 176-200 | 201-225 | 226-250  | next → last