Westbury Wheat | Ragtime Taproom & Brewery

Ragtime Taproom & Brewery
Florida, United States
ragtimetavern.com

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Spring

Added by aracauna on 08-24-2003

Reviews by Lovely85:
3.5/5  rDev +12.2%

2.41/5  rDev -22.8%

Dark yellow, almost american standard looking color except a bit more darkness and body to the color. It has a huge puffy white long-lasting head as is appropriate for a wheat beer. I may have just had my first experience with diacetyl. I think I have a really high detection threshhold and this seemed to be overpowering so my guess is that this beer was loaded with the stuff. There wasn't a lot to the flavor or aroma underneath so this beer actually depended on this flaw for flavor. I didn't try their other beer at the festival because I the halfpint samples at the Southern Brewer's Festival didn't leave enough room to sample everything so I only hit brewers twice when their beer was good.

3.63/5  rDev +16.3%

Served in a 20 oz imperial pint glass, the beer is a hazy straw color with a smallish white head.

The nose is of subtle grains, citrus and spice.

The beer has a nice, slightly astringent taste. You get a bit of pepper and a dash of coriander. The expected banana taste emerges by the 2nd sip.

The mouth is crisp and a bit light. This is an easy enough drinker given the hot humid conditions that existed while I was at the bar.

World class, no, but more than servicable.

Westbury Wheat from Ragtime Taproom & Brewery