Morning Glory Espresso Stout | Old Dominion Brewing Company

3.85/5
Alströms:

4.94/5  rDev +28.3%

4.72/5  rDev +22.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.75

4.67/5  rDev +21.3%

Morning Glory.

Old Dominion has been impressing me lately with the quality of their brews so I hope this one keeps the streak alive.

Look - Pours pitch black..blacker that the inside of Satans smelly asshole with a thin mocha colored head that quickly fades to cloud formations layed ontop of the black oil infested swamp. Cannot comment on carbonation since as I said, it is fucking black. 3.5.

Smell - The espresso is very obvious and it smacks you up like a red-headed step child. There is an obvious amount of boozeyness prevelant as well. Dark coffee is also there. This is a balanced nosed that smells exactly as you would expect it to. 4.

Taste - Very straightforward and to the point. Rich black coffee with a heavy dose of espresso and a touch of alcohol on the finish. Very, very smooth at its ABV. This one is quite a pleasure to drink. 5.

Feel - Very, very almost velvety smooth and creamy bodied with a low amount of carbonation. Isn't as heavy as the appearance would lead you to believe. Goes down like silk on the back of the throat and warms the stomach upon arrival. 5.

Overall - This is why I seldom read reviews before buying a beer. This is a phenominal brew. So many people buy into so much hype and will rate seemingly trying their damndest to match the average. Give it up. If this one were made by Founders or AleSmith it would be at least a 4.35 average. But it isn't so people don't give it a hypothetical blowjob like they do most others in such a category. Would I have it again? Hell yes. This is easily the most sessionable stout I have ever had at 9%. Seriously guys, I cannot stress enough that hype only leads to disappointment. The best beers you will ever have are the ones you expected nothing out of, that you've never heard about until you see it on a mix-a-six shelf. Biggest problem I've noticed is people drink their stouts TOO FUCKING COLD. 50F ladies and gentleman. 5.

4.63/5  rDev +20.3%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.6/5  rDev +19.5%

4.59/5  rDev +19.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Enjoyed in a tulip glass

Look: wonderfully dark. I'm partial because I like dark brews to begin with but this one certainly did not disappoint. At least an inch and a half of head. No complaints here

Smell: Exactly what I expected. I am an avid coffee drinker and LOVE the aroma of freshly ground beans. This brew has the aroma of sweetened espresso with some hints of alcohol. The smell is not extremely powerful or overbearing, but a wonderful prelude to what I was about to drink

Taste: Wow. That's all that I can say. I have had many coffee stouts, coffee oatmeal stouts, etc, and none have I found to be as delicious as this. The espresso flavor is apparent coupled with hints of brown sugar, vanilla, and a sweetness that does a wonderful job of balancing out the 9% alcohol abv. Each sip is a pleasure

Feel:So smooth and creamy, but not to the point where it is too thick or wierd. I feel like the feel matches the taste.

Overall: This beer is F&$kin awesome. I purchased it based on the ratings I saw from this site plus my obvious love for coffee stouts, and I was not let down. This beer definitely deserves a higher score then the high score that it already has. Well done Old Dominion.

4.54/5  rDev +17.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

4.52/5  rDev +17.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Part of the Pinup Pack. Bottled on 4-9-13
Poured in to my Stone snifter.

Appearance was dark as brown can be with out being Black, showcasing an impressive mocha three finger head that destroyed the walls of the glass with sticky lacing.
The nose picked up the sweet roasted malts with coffee beans and espresso.
The taste was a espresso lovers dream. Sweet and slightly acidic. Dark and roasted to perfection with out being burnt. Flavors were authentic , crisp, fresh and bright. Like the sunrise on a new day.
Mouthfeel was solid as it should be for the style. Carbonation was present with out interfering with the drinking qualities of this brew. Suds would bounce back with a quick swirl of the glass.
Overall I would say this beer is underrated. I liked everything about it, from the label to the long lasting aftertaste. Two thumbs up.

4.5/5  rDev +16.9%

Pours almost black and has a nice balance between coffee and chocolate, neither being too predominant. Not bitter, with a bit of pleasant sweetness. Old Dominion calls this a full bodied stout, I would call it medium. I thoroughly enjoy this beer and find it a rather easy drinking stout that I seem to go back to.

4.5/5  rDev +16.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Morning Glory Espresso Stout from Old Dominion Brewing Company