Pyramid Apricot Ale

Pyramid Apricot AlePyramid Apricot Ale
Notes: Originally named Apricot Weizen
Reviews: 484 | Ratings: 1,114
3.28/5  rDev -5.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Poured into bechers, regular pint glasses, nonics and can glasses. I've had this beer at least fifty times in life. Why? Because it's easily found and has very little flaws to it. This easy drinking fruit beer done up with some sort of ale yeast that never truly shows its aromatics or flavors as the "apricot" sweetness is the bearer of the torch of the flavor then pervades the aftertaste in the same sense. Decent enough mouthfeel never straying from too far across any unbearable harshness or cloying features, (honestly, it's just 'there' in the feel), not sure what else to say other than if I was offered this at a party or other like venue, I wouldn't deny this. However, it's not exactly one I'd seek out. I can name more than enough other fruit styled beers I would love to have over this.

4.42/5  rDev +27.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

One of my favourites. Of all the fruit beers, this is one of the smoother that's not too overpowering. Clean, crisp taste. Great when it's cold. It won't strike you as too tart or sour. I enjoy apricots, and enjoy this beer even more.

3.48/5  rDev +0.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

It's a fruit ale, smooth easy to drink but not a real beer. More a fruity dessert than anything else. Girly but not distinctive enough to be tasteful.

Apricot flavor is strong, but it's more citrusy than sweet. Tastes somewhat thin, but well carbonated. 146kcal approximately at 5.1 abv. Nice drinkable beer that's pretty cheap.

1.6/5  rDev -53.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Perhaps I got a bad bottle because Pyramid makes awesome beers, but this fruit beer did not settle well with me. The apricot note was there, but one- dimensional. I found this beer to be lacking in sweetness, vaguely yeasty, generally lacking in flavor, and strangely oily (I feel like my mouth is coated with vegetable oil). Perhaps my palate is off tonight, but this was surprisingly disappointing. I may give it another go in the future to confirm, because, as I mentioned, Pyramid is a great brewer. I'd say give it a shot and decide for yourself; many here in the northwest seem to love this one.

3.06/5  rDev -11.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Hazy, cloudy and not very attractive hue. Frothy pour with no head. Definite fruit aroma and very dominant apricot taste. Not heavy, touch of carbonation. We got a bomber more from curiosity than anything else.

3.68/5  rDev +6.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Appearance: hazy light amber.

Smell: very much apricot aroma.

Taste: apricot is very forward but not overwhelming.

Feel: carbonation is spot on.

Overall: if you like apricots then this won't disappoint.

4.49/5  rDev +29.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Hazy golden orange color. Strong and pleasant fruity apricot aroma, concordant with taste. Also floral notes and faint hop and malty flavors. Crisp/smooth feel. Overall a great, summery NW favorite!

4.16/5  rDev +20.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

It pours a hazy orange color with a small head and no lacing. It has the smell and taste of apricots. A sweet beer that is over carbonated but has a smooth swallow. Better out of a glass than a bottle.

3.64/5  rDev +5.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pretty good, especially if you like the fruit infused beers. This has a light color, solid aroma and that hint of apricot that is just a bit too overpowering. It is still good, but I suppose my preference is for a more subtle impact. Great summer ale.

4.53/5  rDev +30.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This is probably the best wheat beer in the USA in my opinion. Should be rated higher on BA than it is. It is fantastically balanced and smooth. Like Sculpin Grapefruit by Ballast Point, it has achieved the perfect blend of fruit and beer. Not too sweet and a perfect essence of the fruit it is portraying without making you forget it is a beer and complimenting the beers overall flavor.....The malt and mouthfeel are second to none for a wheat beer. It is a style that is a love it or hate it one, but you cannot deny it's refreshing nature and pure unfiltered wheat beer goodness. I find it utterly shocking the bros have Blue Moon rated higher than this. It may not be a 99 or 100 beer....but it should be low 90s or high 80s for sure. It is not quite what some of the german wheats/belgian spiced whites on the top end are, but it is damn close and in some ways more drinkable.
Look-Cloudy and unfiltered with an orange tint.
Smell-Dried Apricots for days and malt. Wheat.
Taste-Perfect balance of malt and hefe with sour and bitter apricot notes and citrus.
Feel-About as good as mouthfeel gets. Smooth and refreshing.

3.36/5  rDev -2.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Apricot comes out with that orange appearance, 1/2" off white head, good lacing for a fruit beer. Aroma really hits those apricot notes. I like, straight forward.

Taste, a little sweet, but not Lindeman's level lambic that is overly bothersome. Not hoppy like Aprihop, which it was. Its decent, aroma is best, but I think its better than its user score, which is a rarity for my grading curve.

4.34/5  rDev +25.4%

I'll give it the best review I can; my grandma is an strict christian who I, or my mom, have never seen drink or smoke, I brought one of these home, she asked to try it and asked me to go back and get the 6pack.
Really though, it balances the apricot taste with the alcohol content very nicely I would highly recommend if it's in your area.

4.39/5  rDev +26.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Has a great nose of apricot and tangerine. Tastes follows nose. Orange-gold & nice lacing. It's malty but not a heavy ale. My only complaint is the lack of hops. But this has a bold taste and is a very good summer offering. If you like shandies, but also like beer, this is a terrific blend of malt and fruit. Cheers!

3.41/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

This one pours out a hazy gold with streaming bubbles and a soapy bone colored head.

The smell is a very strong sweet fruity smell.

The taste follows the nose with a very sweet fruity taste that was almost a bit syrupy.

Medium mouth feel that seemed to have a slightly thick chewy ending.

Overall this beer seemed to taste all right with the exception of that overpowering sweetness on the nose and the tongue.

2.91/5  rDev -15.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Bottle from Albertsons. Palate affected by head cold, but mostly unimpressed with this. Faint fruit flavor, weak body, dull appearance. not much going on here.

3.44/5  rDev -0.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3

Orangish creamy smooth beer with a light white head. Smells of wheat, cream, peaches, apricot, tangerine. Taste is even more heavy in the cream on the start. It starts like an orange creamsicle with less sweetness but slowly gives way to a mildly dry grainy wheat with a soft vanilla finish. This beer isn't really my deal anymore. I thought it was cool 10 years ago, but the fruit flavors taste like fake peach ring candies to me now. Non-beer women drinkers seem to like it. Actually on a more positive note, I've seen this act as a gateway beer introducing more people to microbreweries.

2.54/5  rDev -26.6%

Appearance: pours a thick off white head that drops slowly with mild lacing. Cloudy light yellow gold color.
Aroma: strong apricot aroma along with wheat, white bread and a bit of lemon.
Mouthfeel: light and fizzy
Flavor: apricot also dominates the taste with wheat and malt notes in the background and just enough hops to slightly offset the sweetness.
Overall: ok for the style, but nothing spectacular and too sweet to drink more than one.

3.88/5  rDev +12.1%
look: 5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

I've had this one on tap before but it's been so long that I deleted my initial 100 character review and am typing up a new one.

A : The appearance here is a thing of beauty. I'm serving this to myself in a tall Weizen glass, and the body is the color of dried apricots. It's glowing, and is roughly 80% opaque. The head is humongous at four fingers, off-white, and tremendously bubbly. It recedes slowly and stays around. This is one beautiful looking brew.

S : Some clean water, sticky apricot candy, and a waft of wheat underneath. A faint bite of hop also accompanies the nose.

T : The taste is slightly off with a bit of seltzer and adjunct, but the apricot is there and the wheat is also there (though somewhat moldy). It ends with a little pinch of hop mixed with apricot. There is some sort of off-zing with this beer, I can't put my finger on it, but it's moldy, zingy, and off-balance.

F : This is a great mouth for a beer. Creamy, dense, full. I like it a lot.

O : Surprisingly my new scores weren't far off from my first review. I'm just glad I could try it again to revisit this memory.

3.68/5  rDev +6.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

My girlfriend's sister told me she had an apricot ale on her boat, so I asked for one. I was given this. Having not had a Pyramid beer before, I didn't know what to expect... though I've tended to read that Pyramid is relatively mediocre. Let's get going.

I had this straight from the bottle, so I'm sorry beer nerds if my "incorrect" way of drinking offends you.

Basically, it's a nice beer. A nice wheat beer with apricot added without tasting like fruit juice or like fifteen sugar packets were added. I drank the bottle within maybe ten minutes because it was tasting so good in the sun. Looking at it objectively though, this beer is what it is. It won't blow you away, especially if you're sitting in your home watching TV or inside at a bar. Like most fruit beers, enjoy it in the sun for the best experience.

Try it if you find it, it's a good one.

4.29/5  rDev +24%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

Pyramid Apricot Ale - Pyramid Breweries, Inc. Poured from the bottle into a weizen glass, this brew's head is three fingers thick with spotty lacing, and a hazy golden body.

Smells like a nice blend of bright, earthy-er grains and a fair touch of the added apricot included with this product.

I taste a crisp mixture of the grains described above that have an extremely clean finish. Nearly TOO clean. The fruit tastes comes into play mid-palate and stays for the remainder of the swig.

This mouthfeel here is refreshingly clean and crisp. This is one of the most quenching beers I've experienced in recent memory. Fantastic job here!

Overall, I'll give Pyramid Apricot Ale - Pyramid Breweries, Inc. a 4.25. I wish I'd only discovered this a while ago.

Pyramid Apricot Ale brewed by Pyramid Breweries, Inc.. with an ABV of 5.10% This brew pours out a cloudy amber color with a nice white head. This is an unfiltered brew, you can not see though it. The smell of Pyramid Apricot Ale is sweet with grains , and malts. This is a real inviting brew, I like the smell of this brew. Now for the taste it , rich with sweetness. There is a lot going on in this brew. You pick up grains, and malts. Pyramid Apricot Ale has a nice balance to it, there is nothing overpowering about this brew. The mouthfeel is nice, smooth , and rich. I like how this brew is different from most brews on the market. Overall I'm giving Pyramid Apricot Ale a 4 out of 5. I would buy this brew again. Pyramid Breweries, Inc. did a nice job with this one.

3.5/5  rDev +1.2%

I'm not the biggest fan of fruity beers but I can enjoy an apricot ale once in a while. I think that the look and smell of the beer are better than the taste, which is good until it leaves a bitter after taste

12 ounce bottle into pint glass, best before 11/26/2014. Pours hazy bright orange color with a 2 finger dense and rocky off white head with great retention, that reduces to a nice cap that lingers. Nice spotty soapy lacing clings down the glass, with a moderate amount of streaming carbonation. Aromas of big apricot, peach, lemon, orange, pear, apple, light banana, wheat, honey, bread, and yeast earthiness. Very nice aromas with good balance of apricot, fruity yeast, and bready malt notes; with good strength. Taste of apricot, peach, lemon, orange, pear, apple, light banana, wheat, honey, bread, light herbal, and yeast earthiness. Minimal herbal bitterness on the finish; with lingering notes of apricot, peach, lemon, orange, pear, apple, light banana, wheat, honey, bread, and yeast earthiness on the finish for a good bit. Very nice robustness and balance of apricot, fruity yeast, and bready malt flavors; with a great malt/fruit flavor balance and zero cloying flavors after the finish. Very authentic tasting fruit flavors as well. Medium carbonation and body; with a very smooth and moderately creamy/bready mouthfeel that is great. Alcohol is very well hidden with minimal warming present after the finish as expected of 5.1%. Overall this is a damn nice fruited wheat ale. All around great robustness and balance of apricot, fruity yeast, and bready malt flavors; and very smooth to drink. A very enjoyable offering.

3.5/5  rDev +1.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Pours a clouded yellow gold, left a minimal head that dissipated quickly.

Smells very much like apricot.

Tastes like apricot, some tartness to the flavor, which is reminiscent of cactus pear fruit.
No complexity, but doesn't take away from it at all, a refreshing offering.

Light bodied, crisp, moderate carbonation, easy to drink.

Pyramid Apricot Ale from Pyramid Breweries, Inc.
Beer rating: 79 out of 100 with 1114 ratings