Pyramid Apricot Ale | Pyramid Breweries, Inc.

Pyramid Apricot AlePyramid Apricot Ale

Ratings: 1,108 |  Reviews: 480
4.46/5  rDev +30%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

4.7/5  rDev +37%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

3.78/5  rDev +10.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.77/5  rDev +9.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.55/5  rDev +3.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

3.91/5  rDev +14%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.86/5  rDev +12.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

3.88/5  rDev +13.1%
look: 5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

I've had this one on tap before but it's been so long that I deleted my initial 100 character review and am typing up a new one.

A : The appearance here is a thing of beauty. I'm serving this to myself in a tall Weizen glass, and the body is the color of dried apricots. It's glowing, and is roughly 80% opaque. The head is humongous at four fingers, off-white, and tremendously bubbly. It recedes slowly and stays around. This is one beautiful looking brew.

S : Some clean water, sticky apricot candy, and a waft of wheat underneath. A faint bite of hop also accompanies the nose.

T : The taste is slightly off with a bit of seltzer and adjunct, but the apricot is there and the wheat is also there (though somewhat moldy). It ends with a little pinch of hop mixed with apricot. There is some sort of off-zing with this beer, I can't put my finger on it, but it's moldy, zingy, and off-balance.

F : This is a great mouth for a beer. Creamy, dense, full. I like it a lot.

O : Surprisingly my new scores weren't far off from my first review. I'm just glad I could try it again to revisit this memory.

3.5/5  rDev +2%

3.56/5  rDev +3.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.9/5  rDev +13.7%

3.97/5  rDev +15.7%

3.68/5  rDev +7.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

My girlfriend's sister told me she had an apricot ale on her boat, so I asked for one. I was given this. Having not had a Pyramid beer before, I didn't know what to expect... though I've tended to read that Pyramid is relatively mediocre. Let's get going.

I had this straight from the bottle, so I'm sorry beer nerds if my "incorrect" way of drinking offends you.

Basically, it's a nice beer. A nice wheat beer with apricot added without tasting like fruit juice or like fifteen sugar packets were added. I drank the bottle within maybe ten minutes because it was tasting so good in the sun. Looking at it objectively though, this beer is what it is. It won't blow you away, especially if you're sitting in your home watching TV or inside at a bar. Like most fruit beers, enjoy it in the sun for the best experience.

Try it if you find it, it's a good one.

3.3/5  rDev -3.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

4.29/5  rDev +25.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

Pyramid Apricot Ale - Pyramid Breweries, Inc. Poured from the bottle into a weizen glass, this brew's head is three fingers thick with spotty lacing, and a hazy golden body.

Smells like a nice blend of bright, earthy-er grains and a fair touch of the added apricot included with this product.

I taste a crisp mixture of the grains described above that have an extremely clean finish. Nearly TOO clean. The fruit tastes comes into play mid-palate and stays for the remainder of the swig.

This mouthfeel here is refreshingly clean and crisp. This is one of the most quenching beers I've experienced in recent memory. Fantastic job here!

Overall, I'll give Pyramid Apricot Ale - Pyramid Breweries, Inc. a 4.25. I wish I'd only discovered this a while ago.

3.12/5  rDev -9%

3.24/5  rDev -5.5%

3.58/5  rDev +4.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Pyramid Apricot Ale brewed by Pyramid Breweries, Inc.. with an ABV of 5.10% This brew pours out a cloudy amber color with a nice white head. This is an unfiltered brew, you can not see though it. The smell of Pyramid Apricot Ale is sweet with grains , and malts. This is a real inviting brew, I like the smell of this brew. Now for the taste it , rich with sweetness. There is a lot going on in this brew. You pick up grains, and malts. Pyramid Apricot Ale has a nice balance to it, there is nothing overpowering about this brew. The mouthfeel is nice, smooth , and rich. I like how this brew is different from most brews on the market. Overall I'm giving Pyramid Apricot Ale a 4 out of 5. I would buy this brew again. Pyramid Breweries, Inc. did a nice job with this one.

3.14/5  rDev -8.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

2.96/5  rDev -13.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

3.8/5  rDev +10.8%

3.65/5  rDev +6.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Pyramid Apricot Ale from Pyramid Breweries, Inc.
Beer rating: 3.43 out of 5 with 1,108 ratings