Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Pyramid Apricot Ale | Pyramid Breweries, Inc.

Pyramid Apricot AlePyramid Apricot Ale

Originally named Apricot Weizen

Added by Brent on 08-13-2001

Ratings: 1,105 |  Reviews: 480
4.4/5  rDev +28.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Fruity. A great Spring or Summer beer you could drink every day.

look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

This was my first fruit beer and it has remained delicious all these years

4.39/5  rDev +28%

Light golden amber color, thin head that dwindles down. Very cloudy, unfiltered [I'm all about unfiltered!] Some lace that thinly slips down the glass. Great apricot aroma [especially if you like apricots]. Very drinkable on a hot sweaty summer afternoon.
But maybe not for someone who doesn't like apricots.

look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Has a great nose of apricot and tangerine. Tastes follows nose. Orange-gold & nice lacing. It's malty but not a heavy ale. My only complaint is the lack of hops. But this has a bold taste and is a very good summer offering. If you like shandies, but also like beer, this is a terrific blend of malt and fruit. Cheers!

4.34/5  rDev +26.5%

I'll give it the best review I can; my grandma is an strict christian who I, or my mom, have never seen drink or smoke, I brought one of these home, she asked to try it and asked me to go back and get the 6pack.
Really though, it balances the apricot taste with the alcohol content very nicely I would highly recommend if it's in your area.

4.33/5  rDev +26.2%

Refreshing!

This beer poared very nice. Frothy 2 finger head with a cloudy orangish brown in color. Very hazzy but clears up as it settles. Agitating the beer will resolve its original haze.

Smells great, floral, peachy and citric smells, very sweet.

Tastes Great! Certainly Apricot tastes. Floral spices still the hops pull thru on the back of the taste.

Mouthfeel is nice, crisp refreshing and a slight bitter/sweet lingers after you swallow (No comments)

Drinkability I would say is high. Feels light on the way down, smooth, pretty light & Very refreshing. This is what I call a Hot day Beer!

4.29/5  rDev +25.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

Pyramid Apricot Ale - Pyramid Breweries, Inc. Poured from the bottle into a weizen glass, this brew's head is three fingers thick with spotty lacing, and a hazy golden body.

Smells like a nice blend of bright, earthy-er grains and a fair touch of the added apricot included with this product.

I taste a crisp mixture of the grains described above that have an extremely clean finish. Nearly TOO clean. The fruit tastes comes into play mid-palate and stays for the remainder of the swig.

This mouthfeel here is refreshingly clean and crisp. This is one of the most quenching beers I've experienced in recent memory. Fantastic job here!

Overall, I'll give Pyramid Apricot Ale - Pyramid Breweries, Inc. a 4.25. I wish I'd only discovered this a while ago.

4.29/5  rDev +25.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 4.5

A: Poured with a fragile and transient head, as carbonated beers often do. The beer has a cloudy amber color not unlike apricots.

S: A strong apricot aroma, with a background smell of yeast.

T: The apricot really comes through (in a wonderfully refreshing way) the moment this touches your tongue, followed up by a more traditional wheat-beer aftertaste. I really enjoyed the flavor of this beer, which almost tasted like cider, except for the lovely yeast flavors and a bitterness buffering the sweet in the background.

M: This beer has a slightly creamy consistency that lingers after you swallow, surely due in part to its being unfiltered. Could, perhaps, have used a tad more carbonation in this one.

D: With it's rather low carbonation, I found this beer to be highly drinkable, and had drunk two and was considering another when I realized I may ruin my dinner appetite.

4.28/5  rDev +24.8%

Served up in a stubby pilsner and poured a golden wheat color with heavy carbination. Very light head reduced to a light ring. Heavy fresh apricot scent- WOW! Tastes of frest fruits and of apricot nectar, but not too sweet. The flavor stays with you. Yeah, it is kind of girly sounding and may scare of alot of the guys, but if you buck up and try it, you may find that you actually like it. If you are one for the fruit beers it could work as a nice session beer.

12oz bottle, no freshness date, poured into pint glass

A: Pours a cloudy orange yellow with a nice one inch off white head the fades into a thickish .25 inch creamy cap.

S: Big apricot amoma (duh) very floral, almost as if I am smelling the rind of a fresh apricot, this aspect is executed quite nicely. With some agitation a faint odor of yeast can be extracted. I wish I could extract more from this beer.

T/MF: I am very pleased with the taste of this beer. The smell was quite deceptive and was happily suprised by the beer's taste. One the pallate, the carbonation bubbles aggresivly from the front of the tongue to the back and on the roof of the mouth as well. As the beer warms in my mouth the carbonation fades and makes room for the juicy apricot flavors coupled with a nice and creamy wheat presence and leaves a nice buttery aftertaste.

D: While it is not as complex as other beers I've tried I am not affraid to admit that that does not matter so much for this beer. It's label says Apricot Weizen and delievers that promise. Very good beer that I would recomend to everyone. Also I could see this beer as a nice stepping stone for someone who is looking to get craft brews.

4.28/5  rDev +24.8%

Delicious! This is my first apricot beer. The flavors blend quite well, at least with Pyramid's. Yes, the scent and taste is dominated by apricot, but the flavor of the fruit goes well with beer in my opinion. It pours out a cloudy gold/orange. The smell is pure apricot. The taste is nearly the same. Little bit of fizziness and a lingering cottonmouth aftertaste I could have done without. Very drinkable and quite refreshing.

4.27/5  rDev +24.5%

I was scared about this beer. It turns out I had nothing to worry about.

The beer pours a small, white head. Cloudy, unfiltered apricot in color. Obvious smell of apricots, but other fruits seemed present as well, strawberry maybe???

At best, only slight lacing. Very clean in mouth, almost like a fruit juice, not a beer with 5ish% alcohol.

In the finish, you notice the hops, but it's nicely balance with the fruity sweetness.

Not something I'd want to drink a 6-pack of, but a great after dinner beer.

4.25/5  rDev +23.9%

Pyramid Apricot Ale from Pyramid Breweries, Inc.
Beer rating: 3.43 out of 5 with 1,105 ratings