Weizenbock | Fordham Brewing Company

Fordham Brewing Company
Delaware, United States
fordhambrewing.com

Style: Weizenbock

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Spring

Added by Dithyramb on 03-15-2006

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
Reviews by Dithyramb:
3.17/5  rDev 0%

Stopped in at Ram's Head live last night for a few pints before the Saw Doctor's show. Though it is St. Patty's time, I opted to try the seasonal weizenbock before stout. I asked the waitress for a pint, she then informed me that they only served their beers in glasses. Amused, I asked what types of glasses, she then pointed to the "normal" ones they use, the US pint...
Poured with half a finger of eggshell white offkilter head, very rocky with limited retention, but nice lacing. Came off as a cloudy straw colored brew. Esters out the wazoo on the aroma.
Flavor just lacked punch and the boldness that I usually get with the style. It was very banana-like and chalky, without much else going on. Some light hops on the finish.

I enjoyed it, but it lacked carbonation. This made the beer seem heavier in the mouth, which detracted from me really wanted a bunch. Overall not bad. I instead spent the rest of the evening enjoying their oyster stout since the flaky waitress never came back to the table.

Weizenbock from Fordham Brewing Company