Corsendonk Gold Tripel 10

Year-round
Wants
Gots
SCORE
Good
Corsendonk Gold Tripel 10Corsendonk Gold Tripel 10
Notes:
View: Beers
Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 10 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
JonnoWillsteed from England

3.09/5  rDev -13.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3

L- Mid amber, very slightly hazy, pours with 3Cm off-white pillowy head.
S- Mild for me (and for my wife who has an acute sense of smell). Beyond 'beer', I get mild hints of spice, a more prominent version of which is quite typical with Belgian Tripels.
T- Similar to above the Taste seems rather masked, this time behind a shout-out-loud liquor-ish ABV%. It seems over-rich to the point of being outright sweet but now the ABV% is leaving a tingling zing (quite literally!) on my palate and lips the risk of sweetness has ebbed.
F- As above it's seriously pungent with the ABV% loudly prominent. It feels heavy and certainly rich to the point, now and again, of seeming close to outright sweet which wouldn't work well at all for my tastes. This would work better as a slow-sipping beer in winter. That said I'd serve well chilled and not allow it to warm much when IME any sweet note only grows with warming.
O- Interesting to try, and fascinating how say one BE-Tripel at 8.5% can almost hide the ABV% within the mix and others have it pinned to the sleeve. Before I started this review I was surprised it only scored (as above/this pm) 3.63 on 9 ratings, for a really solid trad brewery. But yes I can see why, the ABV% *comes over* as OTT and a pretty blunt instrument - pls note: I've had several similar beers around 10% that do not do this, and that I have relished.
Conclusion: Too much is masked (discernable Taste facets etc) for the sake of a nakedly loud ABV%. Interesting to try, not one I'd repeat buy. Bought from BeersOfEurope (UK). 330ml bottle BB: 06/11/2022
ps. ABV @ neck-lable is stated as 9.7% i/o 10% in the description above.

Apr 07, 2020
josanguapo from Spain

From Optimus Beer. In La Trappe chalice. Watching Games of Thrones 7x07. Good tripel, a bit more sweet than usual. Nice spicyness. Pear/apple notes and a alcohol presence that adds value to it instead of opposite

Aug 29, 2017
SassaDog from Iceland

4.05/5  rDev +13.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Just received Corsendonk Gold Triple 10, 33cl bottle, from Belgium in a Box. Poured to Corsendonk glass. Nice big head leaving a nice lacing. I really love the smell of a good Belgian triple, this one being no exception. Overall a very nice Belgian style triple :)

Aug 24, 2016
q33jeff from New Jersey

3.17/5  rDev -11.5%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.25

12/03/12:
Light, airy freshness. Hint of citrus. Light Yellow, Big Head. Not great flavor, but some nice qualities. Lime? Great bubbles. A touch of creaminess, but crisp. Later, it seemed more chalky. Had some Trouble getting the cork off, had to use a pair of vice grips which is not normal barware for me. Once the cork came off though, I have to say the "POP" made me feel good right from the start.

Nov 25, 2015