Iron City Beer | Pittsburgh Brewing Co.

poor

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by maxpower on 02-01-2002

Sewer water tastes better

1.18/5  rDev -53.4%

I made the mistake of trying this beer with a buddy of mine who claimed that it was a "classic." I'm not going to waste time with an in depth review but believe me when I say that it was the worst beer I've ever had. Maybe I shouldn't have tried it after having drank several good craft brews before allowing it to pass my lips. I'm not 100% sure. Either way, it won't be something I drink again unless it's In post apocalyptic world and it's the only beer I can find. The only thing good about Iron City was the laugh it provided my buddy as I spit it out.

1.2/5  rDev -52.6%

1.22/5  rDev -51.8%

Had this beer again at a recent beer festival. After downing some Unibroue's and nice Belgian beers, a coworker asked how the Iron City was. I told him it was the worst beer ever, and he immediately had to taste it. Was exactly as I remembered. Bitter, fizzy, watery, acrid. Tastes like rotting vegetables, aluminum, and methane. A hint of steel-mill runoff. It's like Pittsburgh in a can.

It's like a beer, only instead of hops they used garbage, instead of malt they used garbage, and instead of water, they used garbage water. The best thing I can say is that the IC Light is way better than the regular, probably because the nasty taste is more watered down.

1.24/5  rDev -51%

I didnt have high expectations for this beer so I wasnt to disapointed when I tryed it. The name says it all, hints of metal. Couldn't help but think it was chewing up my belly. There was a high alcohol content if thats what your going for then thats the beers high point. Cheap bad beer, this is par for the coarse.

1.24/5  rDev -51%

Picked up a 30 pack as a novelty for the super bowl.

Tough aftertaste -musty basement like smell - I had trouble downing the second can.

Loved the Steelers Victory but could not warm up to the "Arn"

Some folks at the party were drinking it and enjoying the fact that it was a Pittsburgh brew -

1.26/5  rDev -50.2%

I drank this beer from a bottle into a pint glass.

Everyone in Pittsburgh somehow chokes this down a regular basis. Maybe the new brewer will do this beer some good, but this is light, watery, piss tasting beer. Not a good one.

Its gold in color, white head, skunky smell, bitter taste. Enough said.

Iron City Beer from Pittsburgh Brewing Co.