I.C. Light Mango | Pittsburgh Brewing Co.

poor

Style: Light Lager

Added by WVbeergeek on 07-02-2011

Reviews by OWSLEY069:
1.88/5  rDev -22.6%

Pours a clean pale yellow color with a white head. In the aroma, sugary and fruity. In the taste, small Czech hops and sugary fruity dry to sweet to dry. A sugary bite and light bodied mouthfeel, with a dry pils like aftertaste. Different for sure, too sweet and I cannot understand the mango. It's Pittsburgh, not the beach.

2.32/5  rDev -4.5%

1.5/5  rDev -38.3%

Pretty horrible concept let's compete with Miller Chill and Bud Light Llme with IC Light Mango. Pours a fizzy yellow pale golden color with a bright white fizzy head, fine specks of lacing left behind. Aroma is a candy citrus/tropical mango starburst mix of fruit. Not much else going on then artificial aromatics. Flavor fades from a fruit soda to a light lifeless beer, pretty interesting mix of how desperate these guys are. Mouthfeel is fizzy highly carbonated pretty much unoffensive. Overall I'm disappointed in Iron City as a whole and this is just one more step toward the inevitable fate they have in the future.

light taste with good but not overpowering hints of mango

(Served in a strange)

A- 3 This beer pours a crystal clear hue of straw yellow with a pale white head of big bubbles that is soon gone but supported by a racing carbonation.

S- 3 The dry aroma of mango jolly ranchers is all the comes through although it remains soft.

T- 3 The light dry mango flavor is ripe with a soft dry candy and powdery flavor in the finish.

M- 2.5 The medium mouthfeel has a spicy soda pop fizz that cuts any flavor and cleans the finish.

O- 2.5 The soft mango note is nice but that is all there is and it is more like soda pop that beer.

3.12/5  rDev +28.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Pittsburgh Brewing Co. "I.C. Light Mango"
12 fl. oz. clear glass bottle. Ink Jet packaging information is worn and illegible.
$2 @ Weis, Conshohocken, PA

The label for Pittsburgh Brewing Co.'s I.C. Light mango is basically the recipe: it's I.C. Light with "NATURAL FLAVORS AND ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS" added. That sound a little bit harsh, but it actually gives it pleasant, and surprisingly realistic mango flavor. The only surprise is that it's also lightly skunked ~ and I'm assuming it's only lightly skunked because there aren't that many hops in there to begin with. Still, it doesn't come across as "sweet", even with the additional sweeteners. It's an interesting and enjoyable light beer that would be perfect for summer, and at just 3.8% ABV you could drink a few if you wanted to. A very good entry into the fruited light beer category.

3.29/5  rDev +35.4%

My senior manager brought a 4pck from PA. It was 95F with high humidity today with real feel being 103F.....this tasted awesome. It poured a golden clear with initial white head that eventually dissapated leaving no lace. The scent was mango. The taste was light beer with mango flavoring....bordering a shandy. The Mouthfeel was lighter in body with good carbonation. Overall it's decent and great on warmer days

3.25/5  rDev +33.7%

1.25/5  rDev -48.6%

3.75/5  rDev +54.3%

2.55/5  rDev +4.9%

1.27/5  rDev -47.7%

Thanks to Tedwarhc for this bottle. Served in a tulip.

Pours a bright, bright light apricot color with loads of visible carbonation. Big fizzy white head comes and goes super-quickly, but leaves a touch of lacing on the sides of the glass, and there's a thin collar. The nose brings lots of sugar plus a bit of mango. The flavor is way overly sweet and cloying with a dash of mango. Prickly carbonation and it is sickly sweet. Avoid.

3.22/5  rDev +32.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

I have been curious to try this for a while and when I saw it in the cooler at Pizza Boy in Enola as a single, I snapped it up. I have always been more of an Arn man than an IC Light drinker, but curiosity was too much to overcome. Today has been a humid one and I imagine that this will taste good just as a light, refreshing drink.

My pour netted me two foamy fingers of bone-white head whose fluffiness reminded me of meringue. Color was a very pale-yellow with NE-quality clarity and loads of CO2 bubbles in evidence. The color was somewhat bothersome as I have had micturations that were darker. Nose smelled like mango, which was nice. Mango, with its deep pink fleshy fruit and its earthy flavor always reminds me of something else that is very pleasant. Say no more. The mouthfeel was watery, but effervescent and definitely tasted of mango. Mango wango tango! Finish was cool and refreshing, just what I needed after the heat of the day. I probably would not want a whole bunch and the fact that they are only bottling it reduces the chances of it filling a cooler. If they were to begin CANning this, I might CANsider it for the cooler.

They listened to me! Today is Su, 09 April 2017 & I have a 16-fl. oz. CAN for review and inclusion in The CANQuest (tm)! Happy, happy, joy, joy!

From the CAN: "95 calories per 12 FL OZ Serving"; "Premium Light Beer".

For a CANQuester (tm), there is no more exciting sound than that of the Crack! as the vent in the top is opened. This excitement should be followed by an inverted Glug, in which the cylinder is held vertically and raised upwards as the liquid enters the awaiting glass. This CAN be tricky at first, but once the procedure is mastered, you CAN impress friends & family with your prowess. Actually, it cost me my ex-Old Lady, who accused me of trying to make a mess in her kitchen. Moi? Never! I produced a finger of fizzy, foamy, bone-white head as I Glugged, so I was able to nearly empty the CANtents, something that does not usually occur. Needless to say, wisps were the quick result. Color was Pale-Straw (SRM =1 -2) with NE-quality clarity. If nothing else, the nose smelled strongly of mango! Mmmm. I developed a taste for mango & other tropical fruits in the Navy. Taking on FF & V (fresh fruits & vegetables) in tropical ports was such an exciting thing that I would actually volunteer for the Working Party! Never volunteer, but if the opportunity arose, I would purloin a fruit or two for personal, unabated consumption later. I wasn't a malicious guy, but many times, I would miss meals due to being on the pier for one evolution or another & that fruit was a welcome sight. Speaking of tasting mango, this had it, in spades! Mango is not as sweet as they would have you believe. There is a slight tang to it, which causes me to be amazed at its popularity. Papaya is another really great fruit, but very pungent and with a unique meaty mouthfeel. Onward! Mouthfeel here was kind of thin and watery, which is to be expected in the style. Finish was semi-dry, fruity and very refreshing. I am a man of my word & some CANs will be going in my cooler this summer!

2.83/5  rDev +16.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.75

Drank the pale straw liquid straight out of the clear bottle. Even through the small opening, I could smell the essence of mango. This offering also tastes like mango but it also borders on being soda with some alcohol mixed into it.

I.C. Light Mango from Pittsburgh Brewing Co.