Breznak Svetle | Pivovar Breznak

2.9

Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 8
Reviews by rulisekmartin:

2.62/5  rDev -9.7%

A - A good yellow color, super clear! Unfortunately the white head disappears quickly.

S - Light malty

T - Grainy, fresh, bitter and dry, to my taste there is not enough hop used.

M - Medium carbonation and a bitter finish.

O - Overall not a bad Pilsener, but not my favorite.

3.29/5  rDev +13.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Pivovar Velke Brezno "BREZNAK"
Brewed by Frankfurter Brauhaus Gmbh, Lebuser Chaussee 3, D-15234 Frankfurt
Brewed on date: "08/2014 L52311321"

This is not a Czech pils, it's an Eastern European lager.

Interesting beer. 4.1% abv, but malty. It reminds me more of a Russian beer than a Czech beer but in a way that also makes complete sense as Czechoslovakia was once under Russian rule.

It pours a deep golden color beneath a creamy head of white that fades rather quickly and leaves only slightly better than average lacing behind.

The aroma suggests sweetish adjunct-laden malt with just a hint of hops.

The flavor is similar but with a bit more hop flavor and a firm, balancing bitterness. It's sweetish, but not sweet, and it manages to still finish fairly dry, and with a residual note of hops as we'll.

Overall, it's OK but I wouldn't recommend it.

2.25/5  rDev -22.4%

2.87/5  rDev -1%

My third entry for New Beer Sunday (Week 358).

One of the Wednesday Night Trivia crew was recently over in the Czech Republic for work and brought back some CANs for me. Once again, it pays to advertise and my thanks to Rod Shenk for the gift(s).

From the CAN: "Enjoy the delicious taste of beer Breznak and enjoy its creamy foam. We produce it in the Great March from the finest malt, hops and water own traditional technology since 1753. Beer Březňák so appreciate every expert. Best before date indicated on the bottom."; "Light draft beer"'; "Great March Brewery and original trademark since 1906"; "Established 1753"; "Traditional Quality".

My bottom date read "24.11.2012", so I was well withing the window. The Crack & Glug was good with a finger of fizzing bone-white head with limited retention as the result. Color was a golden-yellow with NE-quality clarity and a good bot of carbonation in evidence. Nose was lager-sweet but with an underlying metallic tang. Mouthfeel was medium with a strange tang on the tongue, not really metallic, but not completely hops, either. Finish was semi-dry and eminently drinkable. I was running through it at a furious rate on this hot, humid afternoon before I realized that I needed to finish my review. Not bad, but not overly great, either. It would do in a pinch.

2.75/5  rDev -5.2%