Milk Stout - Nitro | Left Hand Brewing Company

Left Hand Brewing Company
Colorado, United States
lefthandbrewing.com

Style: Milk / Sweet Stout

Taking America Back. Dark & delicious, America’s great milk stout will change your perception about what a stout can be. Pouring hard out of the bottle, Milk Stout Nitro cascades beautifully, building a tight, thick head like hard whipped cream. The aroma is of brown sugar and vanilla cream, with hints of roasted coffee. The pillowy head coats your upper lip and its creaminess entices your palate. Initial roasty, mocha flavors rise up, with slight hop & roast bitterness in the finish. The rest is pure bliss of milk chocolate fullness.

Added by Petey_the_Quiet on 03-08-2014

Ratings: 2,867 |  Reviews: 365

[Left] hands down, my favorite beer.

This has been my husband's favorite for a while, but recently I have started choosing these as a favorite. The beer tastes great to any of our guests, but is often the second choice when offered other options. As a person who feels stomach discomfort from other beers, the nitro is a more comfortable and pleasing option. The flavors of this beer are far superior to any milk stout I have tasted, even the non-nitro left hand version. This is my households go-to beer. Just be ware of the alcohol content.

It is very smooth. At the end you get the hint of milk flavor.

L: I pour this beer hard like a Guinness. thick and creamy head long after the pour. Pitch black some amber in the light

S: roasted malt chocolate and a hint of coffee slight toffee with a milky creamy sweetness

T- Tastes like it smell which is amazing. upfront malt notes of chocolate and coffee maybe slight caramel bitterness. The end is nice milky sweetness

This is a great beer. A go to for me. I like Guinness a lot but I think this American one if better.

The thought of this beer gives makes me feel funny. This is such a wonderfully smooth, tasteful blend. If I had to pick one beer to drink the rest of my life it would be this.

For everyone that complains about no head, you have to pour this beer straight upside down into your glass. Check their website, it shows how to pour a Nitro beer.

Milk stout of all milk stouts! Take a picture of this one because they get get any better!

Like liquid candy to me! goes down unbelievably smooth and tastes great

Remember coming home after a day of school and pouring a big glass of chocolate milk - refreshing right? This beer is like that. A black/deep brown pour with a beautiful creamy head. I remember just how taken I was with the lacing the first time. Each sip is measured for posterity along the glass down to the last gulp. Chocolate and something like a warm pumpernickel rye greet the nose. The even smoothness of the creamy stout gives way to an initial subtle sweet latte flavor settling into a dark chocolate finish. I cannot remember which of my many preferred stouts was my favorite prior to my first LH-MS-N. My next favorite will need to be pretty immaculate to force me away from this 'dairy queen.' I think you could drink this with a peanut butter and jelly, but on it's own this is a great after school/work snack!

Milk Stout - Nitro from Left Hand Brewing Company