Good Juju (Ginger Ale) | Left Hand Brewing Company

Good Juju (Ginger Ale)Good Juju (Ginger Ale)

Left Hand Brewing Company
Colorado, United States
lefthandbrewing.com

Style: Herbed / Spiced Beer

Added by BeerAdvocate on 10-27-2001

Ratings: 1,297 |  Reviews: 426

1.05/5  rDev -69.2%

This beer is horrible. Dont do it.

1.25/5  rDev -63.3%

1.36/5  rDev -60.1%

Definitely not a beer for me. The mouthfeel and taste were that of wet, moldy grass. Ginger is barely present over the over powering disturbing and bad herbal taste.

I couldn't even finish the beer. Highly recommend you avoid this one, which is disappointing given the normally excellent Left Hand selections.

1.4/5  rDev -58.9%

1.5/5  rDev -56%

1.5/5  rDev -56%

1.58/5  rDev -53.7%

Pretty good size white head that leaves traces of evidence on the way down, light golden to pale yellow, lots of carbonation.

Smell is fruity, definately ginger in there although its not as dominant as the name would imply. Reminds me of my favorite sushi bar as they recomend having a bite of ginger when changing orders. I usually do that and it cleans up the palate nicely, just like this beer does. The problem with this beer is simple, Ginger, tropical fruits, musky aroma and it all shakes out rather awkwardly. I really enjoyed the ginger beer from Bar harbor so the style could work. This one falls short in my opinion.

I couldn't see drinking more than this one single I snagged at the wine house. Aftertaste lingers.

1.67/5  rDev -51%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

1.69/5  rDev -50.4%

There's nothing I won't try and very few beers that I've ever disliked. I think this beer is misunderstood.

First, the color is wonderful. It's a deep golden color. Good.
The smell on the other hand; It reminds me of a nice sushi platter. That's probably my bias.

How to best enjoy 'Good Juju':

Step 1. Throw it in the trash

1.72/5  rDev -49.6%

let me be clear before starting this was bad...

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a tall clear pint glass.

A: Clear almost see through golden yellow with a white head that is almost not there at all...

S: I got no ginger out of it...

T: I thankfully now I know what as$ taste like. This was bad. In all fairness I can't tell you what the after taste was like because I spit it out...

D:I couldn't finsh the first drink so i can't figure out how someone is suppose to drink a whole bottle of it...

Sorry for the neg post but it was that bad for me...not my standard review.

1.76/5  rDev -48.4%

All over the board on this one, I like the appearance. Nice head that actually retains well on top of a yellow unattractive beer. Aroma is not real present as it has a sweet ginger nose. Taste is lost, Ginger comes through, but I don't like the profile of spices with the ginger. Mouthfeel is creamy and chewy, pretty good considering the appearance of this beer, I probably won't be buying this one again as it came in a mixed pack and I used the second one for cooking (better for that).

1.82/5  rDev -46.6%

I love anything with ginger but could not detect any ginger flavor. Metallic smell that affected the flavor. I'm fairly forgiving but this is a real disappointment. In order to get to my character minimum will add that it is a beautiful evening along the front range in Colorado.

1.85/5  rDev -45.7%

Ah, if this beer only tasted like it looked and smelled. You'd be like, hey, here's a normal looking beer, something weird to the aroma, like vanilla and ginger.

Taste, uh, you know, I don't like ginger with my sushi, and I guess its something psychosomatic, but the beer tastes like fish and rice. Mouthfeel of that, and drinkability, must suffer, like a Cubs fan.

1.93/5  rDev -43.4%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Pours dark yellow like a standard lager. Aroma is ginger and grain. Everything seems ok so far.

Ultimately, ginger dominates the flavor profile so hard that you end up questioning whether this is truly a beer. Its so spice rack/herbal that things like malt and hops are just afterthoughts. I literally couldn't drink this, which puts it in a very unique category.

Look I don't like ginger, maybe you do, but if you don't, then you won't like this, it brings the ginger and it brings it so hard that its pretty much all I can taste.

Good Juju (Ginger Ale) from Left Hand Brewing Company