Good Juju (Ginger Ale) | Left Hand Brewing Company

Good Juju (Ginger Ale)Good Juju (Ginger Ale)
Liked This Beer
3.41 w/ 1,309 ratings
Good Juju (Ginger Ale)Good Juju (Ginger Ale)

Left Hand Brewing Company

Alströms:

Ratings: 1,309 |  Reviews: 429

2.5/5  rDev -26.7%

2.75/5  rDev -19.4%

Pours an orangish golden with a slight white head. Smell is pretty much straight up pickled ginger, like I what you get at a sushi bar. A touch of sweet malt is hiding out in there too though. Flavor follows suit, A crisp, active mouthfeel. Overall, the beer is bright, crisp and refreshing but you better love pickled ginger to dig this. Unfortunately for me, I don't like picked ginger.

3.04/5  rDev -10.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

You know, this is rated pretty low outside of Beeradvocate. But you know what? Although it's nothing to write home about, it's a decent beer. I only bought one bottle at a store where I usually buy a bunch of singles, but had I bought a 6-pack, I wouldn't be upset. I don't always have the best vocabulary when describing beers, but I can at least say that I'm not one to favor one style too much over another, and I've tried over a thousand different beers (although I've only rated a few), and this one doesn't belong at the bottom of the list; maybe just below the middle. Not bad.

2.5/5  rDev -26.7%

3.87/5  rDev +13.5%

The beer pours a clear honey-golden color with almost no head or visible carbonation. The nose is spicy, profoundly gingery, with a touch of molasses-like sweetness. The taste is as expected with good malt sweetness playing off the ginger like a ginger snap. Unfortunately, this beer was severely undercarbonated and came across as being a bit too syrupy. It also lacked the ginger bite that I was expecting in the aftertaste. Overall, this beer is tasty, worth trying, probably pairs well with many spicy food options, but isn't a repeat.

Good Juju (Ginger Ale) from Left Hand Brewing Company