Super Duper Ripe

Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Notes: Please welcome our newest member to the RIPE family, SUPER DUPER RIPE! We took our SUPER RIPE Double IPA recipe and made it bigger, badder, and even more Super! This Triple IPA is dry-hopped with massive amounts of locally-grown CITRA hops and Vic Secret hops from Australia. Enjoy!!!
Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 7 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
amano_h from Oregon

4.62/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Oh wow, dat haze doe.

Maybe it's because this is my third beer in the last hour, but the powerful concoction of aromas that first emerged out of the glass reminded me of powdered Tide detergent. And then I realized some of it was because I'm sitting right next to the stairway leading up to the bar, where everyone likes to drag their feet making all the dirt rise up and potentially end up inside my glass, but I digress.

A boisterous melange of pineapple, orange pulp, perfume-like flowers and subdued pine comprise the aromatic impression of this potent brew. It's perhaps worth mentioning that the aroma is every bit as intense as it is complex; every whiff I take of this beer feels like snorting some sort of highly intoxicating drug: the inside of my nose literally feels like it's on fire and I can feel my nose hairs tingling from the after effect.

Whereas Super Over Ripe leaned heavily towards being more fruity and sweet, Super Duper Ripe is a straightforward port of Super Ripe (the DIPA) into Triple IPA status; the more citrus and tropical notes of warm orange juice and pineapples are deftly balanced by a drying earthy, floral bittering wave -- surprisingly for a brew of this calibre, there is no astringency, residual sweetness, or any heat from the alcohol at all.

Medium-bodied, teetering toward full. Gentle simmering yet stinging carbonation complements a thick creamy gorgeous overall mouthfeel. Honestly, this is the first TIPA that I'm seriously considering ordering seconds of. Brava, Great Notion.

Dec 16, 2017
spark3148857 from California

4.46/5  rDev -2.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Pours hazy straw yellow with white head. Nose is full of orange, white grape, peach and pineapple. Palate drinks like orange pineapple juice with a little white grape and Nelson diesel character. Alcohol is exceptionally well hidden. Delicious.

Aug 11, 2017