I Love It When You Call Me Big Papaya | Great Notion Brewing

Great Notion Brewing
Oregon, United States
greatnotionpdx.com

Style: American Wild Ale

To all the ladies in the place with style & grace.... I Love it When you Call Me Big Papa(ya) is a small batch Sour Ale aged on ... yup you guessed it. Papaya!

User Reviews & Ratings
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 21
4.53/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

The smell is amazing. You can smell it instantly as you pour it into a glass. It tastes like it smells too. Lots of papaya up front. Not a lot of bitterness and very smooth. This is the perfect summer beer. I don’t taste the alcohol at all either. I don’t taste a lot of complexity here, but it’s still unique and super refreshing. I’m glad I have another can and would buy again in an instant.

4.31/5  rDev +1.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Poured as a hazy yellowish color with a white head on top. The smell is just bombed with Papaya... that's really the entire aroma. The taste of the beer is basically all Papaya also, it's very juicy and refreshing beer though. The feel is smooth and very drinkable. Overall I liked the beer a lot, would love to drink it again.

4.3/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Sample at Mikkeller Beer Celebration Copenhagen 2018, Red Session. Aroma has intense bubblegum and fruity/juicy notes. Taste is tart, really fruity and perfumey but quite refreshing and dry on the palate.

I Love It When You Call Me Big Papaya from Great Notion Brewing