Mochi - Passion Fruit | Great Notion Brewing

None provided.

User Reviews & Ratings
Reviews: 5 | Ratings: 19
4.46/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

I did have a 5oz pour on tap, but it was among the many I tried when visiting. I think this will do it more justice. Here she goes..
Canned 2/4/19. Drank from 10oz Great Notion flute glass.
L: Pours like juice, looks like juice. Don't know what more to say. Completely opaque, zero clarity. Very slight head formation consisting of loosely packed bubbles but it did not retain. No lacing on glass. I could fill a tropicana container full of this and go out in public glugging it and nobody would bat an eye.
S: Tons of juice character, namely the passionfruit. Aromas of tangerine and orange also noticeable. I get generous amounts of vanilla along with that rice cakeyness that you smell in horchata. That vanilla is elevating the score for me.
T: From what I can remember, I think it is drinking better from the can then on tap. The passsionfruit is abundant and is tasted from start to finish, lending a sweet fruit/tartness to the profile. Vanilla also is trying to share the stage and is even more noticeable on the finish and in the aftertaste. Hops are lemongrassy in taste and seems somewhat green on the finish. Nice bitter tinge at the end as well. The thing is, I can taste the mochi rice aspects of this beer which is a plus. One of the better tasting "milkshake" ipas imo.
F: Thick in feel and in weight. It is very slick in texture but not chewy.It isn't soft, creamy or pillowy, rather oil-like and viscous. Carbonation is moderate lending slight fizz element. Moderate bitterness as well.
O: I am rather enjoying this, especially given the nature of this beer. It has tons of vanilla and passionfruit flavor with just a touch of hoppyness that brings me to realize that there are some IPA elements to this beer, though minimal. It's a novelty brew that I am glad to have tried. Cheers!

I was sick with a cold and losing my taste buds when I was able to try this beer at the brewery. Even with a severe lack of taste buds present, this was one of the greatest beers I have ever had.

4.25/5  rDev -0.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Sample at Mikkeller Beer Celebration Copenhagen 2018, Green Session. Aroma is fruity, sweet and syrupy. Taste is like a sweet and fruity sorbet, a bit tart and citrusy with some lime flavor. Overall it's well balanced and has nice lemon cake flavors.

4.73/5  rDev +10.5%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

I had this beer quite fresh (within 2 weeks of release) and during the first few sips I was quite impressed. As the beer warmed up to about stout-recommended drinking temperature the passion fruit aroma became much more intense and natural. The mouthfeel became much more creamy and the taste was a mixture between passion fruit, bitter grapefruit and blood orange. A fantastic beer!

4.5/5  rDev +5.1%

L: pours a thick orange haze
S: passion fruit and vanilla jump out of the glass
T: just like he nose...I really enjoy the milkshake ipas with vanilla.
F: thick and creamy