Hey Mikey! Apple Brandy Barrel Aged

SCORE
n/a
Notes:
2.99/5  rDev -26.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 2.75

apple was so overpowering and artificial tasting I couldn't get around it. It wasn't boozy, it was a straight up apple syrup bomb. I seem to be the minority on this, as most people I have spoken with love it. Not my cup of tea. I have been a fan of Windmill since they opened and have loved every other variant I have tried of Hey Mikey!, but this was a rare miss for me.

AngEo from Texas, May 27, 2020
4.71/5  rDev +15.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Appearance -The beer poured a murky brown color with an off-white head crowning the glass.

Smell - The beer smelled of apples and buckets of butterscotch. It did not smell like an alcoholic beverage.

Taste - The profile was caramel apple meets beer. The fact that this was a milk stout creates a creamy, smooth backbone. Milky butterscotch is supplemented by cinnamon. The spice does not overwhelm the rest of the profile. I was made to think of milk left over from Cinnamon Apple Jacks in the aftertaste.

Mouthfeel - Smooth stickiness typifies the profile.

Overall - This beer was dynamite.

4.52/5  rDev +11.1%

2019-12-02
~5oz pour at the brewery.

Black, small head, not much carbonation. I cannot place the smell, but I could smell it all day. I think it's mostly Maple and booze. Taste is Maple syrup, chocolate, booze, roast bitterness. Surprisingly thin. Overall, very tasty.

snaotheus from Washington, Dec 02, 2019