Chocolate Mint Indulgence | Brewery Ommegang

ommegang.com

Style: American Double / Imperial Stout

Added by jrallen34 on 02-21-2010

3.68/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

I drank this from a tasting glass at EBF.

The beer pours a dark brown with a light tan head. The head rises a couple nice fingers of creamy head that has good retention and lacing.

The aroma is a little too light, I was hoping for a burst of mint, but all I really got was a little chocolate with a touch of mint at the end.

The taste is a little sweet mint, which is nice, wish it was much stronger, but then fades to really chocolate bitter finish which should provide a nice contrast to the mint but for some reason it doesn't really work.

3.76/5  rDev 0%

On tap at the EBF 2010.

A- Dark brown with a nice tan head.

S- Chocolate and roasted malts with notes of chocolate and only a touch of mint. A little faint overall.

T- The chocolate malts make a nice backbone for a chocolaty flavor with a note of mint. Has a bitter chocolate finish. Reminds me Andes Candies.

M- Medium, smooth body.

D- I'm not really a fan of mint and chocolate, but this beer was quite enjoyable. The 2 oz pour was perfect for me as I don't think I would enjoy this as much after the first 5 or so sips.

Chocolate Mint Indulgence from Brewery Ommegang