Rare Vos (Amber Ale) | Brewery Ommegang

Rare Vos (Amber Ale)Rare Vos (Amber Ale)
4.07/5
Exceptional
Rare Vos (Amber Ale)Rare Vos (Amber Ale)

Brewery Ommegang
New York, United States
ommegang.com

Style: Belgian Pale Ale

Added by BeerAdvocate on 09-24-2000

Ratings: 3,375 |  Reviews: 1,170

I had this beer at Taco Mac on tap. Wow an excellent brew. It had a perfect amber color with a smell of fresh hops and a slight sweet smell of malts. The taste was great man I was like this beer is actually worth $7 especially with the chalice. Thanks again Taco Mac. The mouthfeel was smooth and crisp and the same time which made for a wonderful drinkability. Man I would highly recommend trying this beer. I loved it though I have not yet searched for it in the store.

Rare Vos pours a cloudy amber color with a huge 3 finger head. It took two pours to fit in the pint glass despite a mild pour. Wow the aroma! Often I have to put my nose close to smell the beer, but I could smell the aroma of spice, hops, fruit and yeast as I poured. I paired Rare Vos with Thanksgiving dinner (Thank you Beer Advocate). This was THE PERFECT beer to go with the heavy starches, poultry and gravy. The fruit, spice, hops and yeast balanced out the heavy meal. Every sip was pure heaven. It has a medium body with medium carbonation. This beer is highly drinkable with a low abv. My only regret is that I had only 1 bottle to go with dinner.

Rare Vos (Amber Ale) from Brewery Ommegang