Unfiltered Wheat | Boulevard Brewing Co.

Unfiltered WheatUnfiltered Wheat

Boulevard Brewing Co.
Missouri, United States
boulevard.com

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat Beer is a lively, refreshing ale with a natural citrusy flavor and distinctive cloudy appearance. This easy drinking American-style wheat beer has become our most popular offering, and the best-selling craft beer in the Midwest.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-17-2001

Ratings: 2,016 |  Reviews: 576

3.95/5  rDev +14.5%

Presentation: I poured this from a 12oz bottle into a clean 16oz pint glass. I drank this in my home with no smoke or food being prepared.

Appearance: very cloudy pale yellow, head was two fingers tall. I saved about a quarter inch in the bottle and swirled it around and finished the pour. The head however dissipated very quickly.

Smell: hint of lemon with a medium hop scent. Heavy citrus tones, Wheat and slight malt noted.

Taste: High carbonation with a definite taste of citrus, lemon maybe orange. Not a lot of hop taste. A wheat and malt tone was noted but not overly prevalent.

Mouth feel: The taste of citrus stays in the mouth. Toward the end of the beer I noticed a sweet after taste. I did notice slight malt flavors as well.

Overall: I really like “wheat” type beers and this is one of my all-time favorites. I have had this beer before but I am reviewing this while drinking it. I live maybe 30 min. from the brewery so I can usually get this beer fairly fresh. It is not very bitter and the strong citrus gives it a really refreshing taste. This is a great summer beer and goes very well with grilled fish in my opinion.

3.25/5  rDev -5.8%

Photo of
3.5/5  rDev +1.4%

You had this beer. Write a review.

3.46/5  rDev +0.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

From the 12 fl. oz. bottle. Best By 12/10/12 and I am drinking this on January 26, 2013.

It pours a milky, cloudy pale yellow with a small fizzy white head that dissolves to nothing. I see small chunks floating in the glass.

The aroma is full of wheat followed by an obvious orange/lemon citrus note.The yeast can be found as well.

The body is light to medium with a slight acidic quality.

The wheat gets played down a bit in the taste but the citrus is still solid and flavorful along with a mild dry finish. I would like to try one again that is fresh.

3.25/5  rDev -5.8%

4.25/5  rDev +23.2%

Unfiltered Wheat from Boulevard Brewing Co.