Bob's '47 Oktoberfest | Boulevard Brewing Co.

Bob's '47 OktoberfestBob's '47 Oktoberfest

Missouri, United States
boulevard.com

Style: Märzen / Oktoberfest

Availability: Fall

Our fall seasonal beer, Bob’s ’47 Oktoberfest is a medium-bodied, dark amber brew with a malty flavor and well-balanced hop character. With this Munich-style lager we salute our friend Bob Werkowitch, Master Brewer and graduate of the U.S. Brewer’s Academy, 1947.

Added by Todd on 08-31-2002

If I could only drink one beer for the rest of my life, this would be it.

Not just because I am from KC but the fact is Bob's 47 is simply the best Oktoberfest beer I have ever had, in my humble opinion. No two ways about it.!! Forget about it!!

4.8/5  rDev +30.8%

4.7/5  rDev +28.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 5

This is the best Oktoberfest beer I have ever had. The dark color and malty taste are superb. I would highly recommend this beer to everyone. We go to a winery outside the St. Louis area every year for my wife's birthday and I take that beer with me to enjoy there and usually end of buying a couple extra also.

4.65/5  rDev +26.7%

Pours a dark amber and has a white head that leaves a nice lace on my glass. The aroma is very malty with a little spiciness of the hops. Very nice for a lager... It is very bock-like in it's character. I love the malty backbone with the excellent hopping... I am blown away by how good the beer is. I was expecting much less. I can't wait until next years batch.

4.65/5  rDev +26.7%

Poured into a shaker pint glass.

The beer is a beautiful dark copper color. An off-white head eases it's way into a film, with good webbed lacing.

Aroma is buttery and spicy. Faint caramel.

Taste is a rare 5.0. Just so well balanced and with a great combination of caramel buttery sweetness, with some spicy cinnamon.

Mouthfeel is medium to light bodied, some carbonation.

Overall, probably one of the best Oktoberfests this year 2012. Malty, caramel sweetness, and a hint of cinnamon spices. Love it.

4.59/5  rDev +25.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Poured a 12oz bottle into a pilsner glass
Look: Thin, quickly fading head. Dancing carbonation bubbles persist throughout drinking but don't impose. A pale orange/golden amber, mostly transparent. Looks like your standard marzen.
Smell: Strong tart lemon, sweet and bready malt, toasted wheat, caramel.
Taste: Wow! This flavor really packs a punch, and it doesn't taste like your standard Oktoberfest. Bob's '47 gets its onset sweetness from a tart lemon/citrus taste. This fades into a sweet bread malt, similar to my mother's homemade pineapple bread, a mix of savory sweet and wholesome wheat and yeast. Included are undertones of citrus hoppiness and just a faint hint of bitterness combined with light spices and toasted caramel. Aftertaste is a wholesome, full-bodied wheat.
Feel: Light, lightly carbonated, and refreshing. Leaves you wanting more but doesn't skimp on wheatiness. Almost no dryness.
Overall: The best seasonal I've had this Oktoberfest. This will be my new Fall go-to. Highly recommended to anybody who enjoys fall wheat beer.

4.53/5  rDev +23.4%

Served to me in pint glass at Barley's on Midland in Shawnee.

A: Reddish brown (amber?) color. Head stuck around a long time.

S: Hop bite but not overpowering. Slightly caramel/sweet yet dry.

T: Good malty flavor, hop bite aftertaste. Enjoyed a lot.

M: Medium body, crisp slight fruit, apple or pear, can't quite make it out. Guess I don't have the tongue for it yet.

4.5/5  rDev +22.6%

Love the bottle. Classic styling and label.

Pours the correct color, lovely amber brown/orange. Slightly light head but almost 2 fingers.

Aroma is clearly malt heavy with a nice toasty balanced nose.

Carbonation is perfect and mouthfeel medium which it should be for this type of beer.

Magic combination of malt chemistry produces a lovely balanced character of toasted and creamy/sweet flavors.

Finishes clean and smooth, begging for another. Very drinkable and a great session beer as any Oktoberfest should be. One of my favorites.

4.5/5  rDev +22.6%

Bob's '47 Oktoberfest from Boulevard Brewing Co.