The Sixth Glass Quadrupel Ale | Boulevard Brewing Co.

The Sixth Glass Quadrupel AleThe Sixth Glass Quadrupel Ale
Liked This Beer
4.16 w/ 2,904 ratings
The Sixth Glass Quadrupel AleThe Sixth Glass Quadrupel Ale

Boulevard Brewing Co.
Missouri, United States
boulevard.com

Style: Quadrupel (Quad)

”Do you know what dwells in a glass?” asks Ole, in Hans Christian Andersen's The Watchman of the Tower. Better known for stories such as The Little Mermaid, Andersen wrote this short, cautionary tale for a somewhat older audience. Our quadrupel ale, also meant for the mature connoisseur, is a deep and mysterious libation, dark auburn and full-bodied, its sweetness deceptive. As Ole describes the glasses in turn, their contents become more ominous until, in the sixth glass...

Added by Bitterbill on 11-15-2007

Liked:
4.16/5
Alströms:
4.5

Ratings: 2,904 |  Reviews: 833

4.15/5  rDev -0.2%

This is a solid if slightly different quad, with lots of peppery notes, along with the usual fig and other dark fruit tastes. Not as bready or complex as the best in this style, but it still provides a satisfying experience for lovers of quads. Starts out good in taste, if a little thin, but then gets better as it warms. You also start to notice the alcohol heat as you drink longer, maybe just a little too much. The aroma is nice, with figs and some alcohol predominating. Very nice and the best I've had from Boulevard so far, although I look forward to Saison Brett.

3.25/5  rDev -21.9%

2.75/5  rDev -33.9%

3.65/5  rDev -12.3%

I am afraid I set myself up for disappointment on this one. I was hoping to have an experience similar to a La trappe, but it wasnt there. The color is amazing, smell wasn't horrible either. My biggest dissappoinment was in the flavor and mouthfeel, they are almost inter-twined for me on this. It didn't have the smooth and rich feel I was expecting and that brought along a kind of harsh flavor for me. I am not sad I tried it but it will not make it into the regular line up.

3.5/5  rDev -15.9%

The Sixth Glass Quadrupel Ale from Boulevard Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 89.3% out of 100 with 2,904 ratings