Double-Wide I.P.A. | Boulevard Brewing Co.

Double-Wide I.P.A.Double-Wide I.P.A.

Boulevard Brewing Co.
Missouri, United States
boulevard.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

The classic India Pale Ale is a traveler’s beer, aggressively hopped to withstand the long, hot ocean voyage to the British East Indies. Our Double-Wide I.P.A. also travels well, and is right at home in the most exotic ports of call of the Midwest. While this modern-day prairie schooner may not resemble a graceful sailing sloop, our liberal hopping regimen does make her virtually “twister-proof,” with toffee and caramel notes balancing out the lingering bitterness. Enjoy this beer fresh to best appreciate the complex blending of hop aromas, ranging from minty to citrusy, with subtle hints of pine.

Added by SafeAtFirst on 11-17-2007

Ratings: 2,646 |  Reviews: 793

Nice big tan head, very nice rust/amber color like a strong iced tea, with the usual unfiltered cloudiness. Smell was perfect - hoppy and bright. Just made me want to dive in and take a drink. Taste was excellent. Nice hoppy IPA with very noticeable alcohol burning after swallowing. Medium/light carbonation was just right for the taste. With all those hops, it didn't need much fizz. VERY drinkable beer. I'm SO happy it came in a 750 ml bottle!

I have to give this one a perfect 5. My first ever. I just can't find any flaws with this beer.

Love this beer! I usually only see bombers of this beet but on a recent trip to St Louis I picked up a 4 pack. Perfect beer after a day at the office. Smooth drinking with just the right amount of bitterness. I now need to find a way to pack a bunch of this in my luggage.

12 oz. bottle best if used by 3/20/2013

Pours semi-hazy orange/amber/copper with a large four finger light beige head that leaves rings of lacing and holds the cap. Lots of carbonation bubbles are present.

Aroma of hops, citrus, apricot, pine, biscuit and caramel. Very good strength.

Taste is smooth caramel malt with a good rush of hops. Very balanced and enjoyable.

Mouthful is medium body with good carbonation. It is creamy and leaves a nice oily feeling from the hops.

Overall this is a great double IPA. IMHO this one ranks right up there with Pliny the Elder.
A fantastic experience every time I have one. Kudos to Boulevard Brewing Co.

Double-Wide I.P.A. from Boulevard Brewing Co.