Double-Wide I.P.A. | Boulevard Brewing Co.

Double-Wide I.P.A.Double-Wide I.P.A.
Liked This Beer
3.96 w/ 2,646 ratings
Double-Wide I.P.A.Double-Wide I.P.A.

Boulevard Brewing Co.
Missouri, United States
boulevard.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

The classic India Pale Ale is a traveler’s beer, aggressively hopped to withstand the long, hot ocean voyage to the British East Indies. Our Double-Wide I.P.A. also travels well, and is right at home in the most exotic ports of call of the Midwest. While this modern-day prairie schooner may not resemble a graceful sailing sloop, our liberal hopping regimen does make her virtually “twister-proof,” with toffee and caramel notes balancing out the lingering bitterness. Enjoy this beer fresh to best appreciate the complex blending of hop aromas, ranging from minty to citrusy, with subtle hints of pine.

Added by SafeAtFirst on 11-17-2007

Liked:
3.96/5
Alströms:
4.2

Ratings: 2,646 |  Reviews: 793

3.71/5  rDev -6.3%

A: Pours a copper color. Huge soapy head that leaves great lacing around the glass.

S: Candy, citrus, hops.

T: Hit with a peach, then comes some bready malt, and finally a big dose of hops. Think it's a little too sweet overall for my taste.

M: High carbonation with a medium body. Syrupy in good ways.

O: Missouri boy here, been drinking Boulevard for about 10 years. First time I've had the Double-Wide and it was pretty good. A lot of other IPA/IIPA's I'd buy before it though.

3.5/5  rDev -11.6%

4.37/5  rDev +10.4%

Boulevard Brewing Double Wide I.P.A. is a nice DIPA. Reminds me of a nice fresh grapefruit.

A: Red colour and a decent 1 cm head that lasts pretty well. 4

S: Minty hop smell with sweetness and hints of orange. 4.5

T: Malty with a sweet and strongly grapefruit citrus flavour. Also, some bitterness and citric acid in the finish. This is a really nice, fresh DIPA. 4.5

M: Foamy. 4.5

O: 4

3.67/5  rDev -7.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Had this on draft in downtown Easton, MD. Pours a deep amber color with very small white head. Aroma is massive pine bitter, some definite biscuity malts. Very aromatic. Flavor follows with huge bitter, pine, some biscuity malt, very little sweetness. Medium carbonation and rather dry. The was a one dimensional beer that didn't really impress me. It isn't bad, but the one note bitter was lacking any complexity for me. Not bad, but certainly not in the same league as the top doubles, or even close for that matter.

3.75/5  rDev -5.3%

3.75/5  rDev -5.3%

3.97/5  rDev +0.3%

12 oz bottle poured into DFH Signature glass. Best by 3/14/13.

A - Pours amber in color with about an inch of sparse off-white head. Leaves behind a tiered lacing on the glass.

S - Strong orange-tangerine sweetness, floral hops, and ginger.

T - Bitter grassy hops on the forefront along with peach and citrus fruits. Finish is very herbal and sweet, similar to green tea. Pine lingers. Solid flavors.

M - The carbonation is lively, as in a soda. The body stands up to the flavors and coats the tongue on the way down. This is probably the strongest aspect of this beer.

O - Boulevard is still relatively new to me, so I have been grabbing most of their beers as singles when I see them. I was pretty impressed by the unique flavor profile of this one. Herbal, hoppy, and fruity. Good bitterness, while staying in balance. I may not get it again, but that is more a credit to to my regular DIPA's than a knock on this fine brew.

3.25/5  rDev -17.9%

3.67/5  rDev -7.3%

Batch 012160 - 3-2012.

Pours a murky dark orange with a foamy orange-tan head that settles to a film on top of the beer. Small dots of lace form around the glass on the drink down. Smell is of malt, citrus fruit, citrus zest, and herbal hops. Taste is much the same with a mild amount of herbal hop bitterness on the palate with each sip. This beer has a good level of carbonation with a crisp mouthfeel. Overall, this is a pretty good beer but it smells better than it tastes in my opinion.

4.25/5  rDev +7.3%

Double-Wide I.P.A. from Boulevard Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 80.2% out of 100 with 2,646 ratings